Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you??

eatpepsi's Avatar Veni, vidi, vici BT Rep: +4
    Non-Trader

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    I have only made 3 trades in my life, the third one i was scammed so i stopped trading once and for all. Haven't traded ever since. I'm against excessive trading only.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    yakir132's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Mmm I'm note doing trade everytime .. sometimes it's good , but I try to give and get thing for free . without reward .
    If I have something that I can give so why not ?! ..
    to sum up I'm in middle situation .

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    i'll answer when you'll learn how to name a topic.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    bgh520's Avatar Freddie Mercury BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    yeah i ' m not trader and i don't trade

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I'm not a trader right now, but honestly I was one, in that time I traded to get FTN invite. After that I don't trade anymore, just sometimes like to help ppl with the invites/accounts giveaways

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    whitmar's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I have never traded invites or accounts, and I never will. The invite system, as I understand it, was devised so that torrent site members in good standing could select like-minded individuals and conscientiously bring them into the community. Quid pro quo trades, by their very nature, bypass that selection process entirely and bring to the community individuals who became members for no other reason than their willingness to part with a possession--irrespective of how they came to possess it. That is the crux of the problem, as I see it. Those who scammed their way into memberships of high level trackers are more likely to sell out their community and, deliberately or inadvertently, bring harm to that community. This is by no means an indictment against everyone who has ever traded an invitation. There are many, many honorable people who would respect what is fair and proper in making these transactions. They would in all likelihood, be excellent candidates for membership in any site with which they fit in. The problem is that it is very hard to know the character of a person, if the only reason to give them an invitation is what is to be received in compensation. I believe this to be one of the main reasons that most torrent sites disapprove of this practice. My further understanding is that giving away one's account and password removes other layers of protection by conveying privileges that members are supposed to prove themselves in order to gain. That is why most, if not all, sites will ban members and people who invited the first member who traded away the account. Of course, it goes without saying that most of us sought out FST because we engaged ourselves in activities that were, shall we say, "ethically flexible" in the first place.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    MARINE619's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by locodice View Post
    and can you teach me noob
    If you stand before me you will fall before me

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    MODERATION BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    What's wrong with the tittle? It's just an introduction to the topic. How would you name it? "Are you a trader or an anti trader" "or do you trade" or what the fuck?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    $we's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Luchohhh View Post

What's wrong with the tittle? It's just an introduction to the topic. How would you name it? "Are you a trader or an anti trader" "or do you trade" or what the fuck?
    It is a little misleading, but w/e idc.
    I don't trade, and don't care enough about any specific community to be against trading for it degrading the integrity of a userbase. I join sites for the content, not the community. I know there are allot like me out there, although they don't want to admit it.
    ...now I'll never get into FSC
    Last edited by $we; 01-03-2008 at 09:55 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast