Thread: Gizmodo at CES

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    i watched it yesterday, and then this morning i read that he got his ass banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Consumer Electronics Association
    We have been informed of inappropriate behavior on the show floor by a credentialed media attendee from the Web site Gizmodo, owned by Gawker Media. Specifically, the Gizmodo staffer interfered with the exhibitor booth operations of numerous companies, including disrupting at least one press event. The Gizmodo staffer violated the terms of CES media credentials and caused harm to CES exhibitors. This Gizmodo staffer has been identified and will be barred from attending any future CES events. Additional sanctions against Gizmodo and Gawker Media are under discussion.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    It's not even that funny... :/

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I didn't understand what was going on the first time I watched the video because I didn't read the paragraph below.
    Now that I have read it, hilarious.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    Lol i want one

My name is Dan for the people who care!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    i think i may buy one...have a kick at the local stores...id like to check out this tv, and then push button in my pocket

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    You can buy them for like 25$, I might consider it in a few weeks.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    In reaction to "Gizmodogate," the gadget blog's prank of shutting down flat-screen displays on the show floor and during demos at CES (see Bloggers behaving badly), the conference's organizer, the Consumer Electronics Association, sent me this statement:

We have been informed of inappropriate behavior on the show floor by a credentialed media attendee from the Web site Gizmodo, owned by Gawker Media. Specifically, the Gizmodo staffer interfered with the exhibitor booth operations of numerous companies, including disrupting at least one press event. The Gizmodo staffer violated the terms of CES media credentials and caused harm to CES exhibitors. This Gizmodo staffer has been identified and will be barred from attending any future CES events. Additional sanctions against Gizmodo and Gawker Media are under discussion.
    You just know that guy got fired, and Gizmodo is probably barred from any further shows.

yo

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I think Gizmodo said that they didn't care? Though they are banned for life (gizmodo, not just the one person).
    Ask me about my self-esteem!