Thread: TV Digital Channels

suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    I have a samsung lcd tv that i hooked up to the antenna, and it picked up digital channels (HDTV) with its digital tuner. I sent it to get repaired because something else was wrong, now when it comes back and i hook it up to the same wire, it doesnt pick it up. How do i make it pick them up again? I cant find a spot to turn on the internal digital tuner. Samsung LNT5265F is the model

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Only thing I can think of is the repair guy reflashed the tv with new firmware and it disabled the OTA tuner? You need to call Samsung and samsung only to get this answer no1 here will know, way too wide of a spectrum of issues it could be...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    but it picks up the analog channels but not the digital ones...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    the repair man said "sorry im going to have to check back with the shop to see what is wrong...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Why the hell would you send it back for repair?! LOL! There goes your free HD channels........

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by thearrow View Post
    Why the hell would you send it back for repair?! LOL! There goes your free HD channels........
    He sent it back because something was wrong.
    Free HD channels is not illegal and not something anyone would want to stop you from getting.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Excellent

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    so the idiot technician from a certified company, came back and said all it needs is a firmware upgrade, so he got the firmware from samsung...comes with it, takes off the bottem right panel, for no reason because he didnt need to go over there...the easy access panel was on the left...and then plugs usb stick in, and selects either the wrong firmware or the wrong place to install the firmware...NOW the tv is flickering all different colors, is not viewable at all just can see the picture...now they have to do service on it again...its so upsetting, this company certified by samsung, has had my tv longer than i have...i dont know what to do, my dad is going nuts...we tried filing complaints with samsung about how slow samsung was working to get the service parts, now its just the company's fault...ugh im so upset. I really wanted to play some madden online again today...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    Now you can see why I won't buy Samsung products.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    should have said something!