Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best music site in your opinion

Need to figure out where to try to request a login.

Was a power user at oink which hasn't meant anything since 10/23 but am looking for a site with similiar depth in music choice, perhaps not as much as first since they are still growing but enough to get what I want if there is anything I want at that time.

So whats your fav and why should I ask for a invite to that site?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    It depends what your looking for

General , lossless / flac , non english , community music site with a nice request area,

I don't like trance music so i won't request a trance music site which makes sense last time i looked

Look in the bittorrent review section it will give you a nice idea of what site has what
    Last edited by sleepyy; 01-04-2008 at 03:10 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    what.cd, waffles.fm and stmusic.org ... in that order.

The choice between waffles and what is split more or less evenly and that is alright. You have to understand that those three trackers are probably the best candidates at the moment to be a serious oink successor. They also share a number of common users so uploads on one tracker need not be exclusive if you're lucky.

what and waffles are very similar to each other but the latter is built on a much smaller community (waffles only has 23k members whereas what has 43k). A good example for the dedication put into both trackers are raw numbers:

what.cd seeded torrents: 85k
    waffles.fm seeded torrents: 85k
    what.cd peers: 300k
    waffles.fm peers: 359k

In the end it doesn't matter which tracker you should choose because they're both great with stmusic somewhat lagging behind (46k torrents, 183k peers). stmusic should be the easiest to become a member at, I don't know about the current invite status at waffles but what has disabled invites for the moment because they're at the limit of their server capacity.

edit: the best idea would probably be to have more than one music tracker to choose from for multiple reasons. There are also a few quality alternatives that co-existed with oink and were successful enough even then - take pedro's btmusic for example.
    Last edited by Daniel; 01-04-2008 at 03:23 AM. Reason: grammatically stupid ;)

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Also,Look out for the tracker"SoundDamage.com".It will be very good soon!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I am a member at sounddamage already and although it is good it just doesn't have what I am looking for. Kinda of a weird music person, listen to all types but recently have been in the mood for jason mraz and good charlotte and such.

Would love to get into what or waffles when they open invites or by some brave soul willing to spend his or her invite on a fellow torrenter (is it torrenter or torrentor?) I never know

Thanks for the replies so far.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    division's Avatar Member
    If I had to pick one, I think waffles beats out what.cd. Seems like what.cd admins have been spending all their time developing gazelle, secret new tracker code, which is cool and all, but waffles seems to be adding better features.

Waffles has been more stable than what.cd in the past few weeks, no doubt due to what.cd allowing far more members in. Even though waffles has fewer members, it has a comparable number of torrents, so users on average upload more torrents. Finally, waffles torrents seem to be better moderated, as I find a higher incidence of badly labelled or badly ripped torrents on what.cd. They're both pretty high quality though, getting on par with oink rip.

stmusic comes in third for me, it's fine and I ocassionally find torrents there that aren't anywhere else. just not as high quality in general.

The best is definitely having all three..

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    Waffles.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    TT for me, 'cause I love electronic music, but could be different for someone else..
    TCS Byatch in training

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    What.cd. Waffles is great, but I'm constantly worried that they're gonna screw over the community with too much free leech.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    FalconAce's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    It depends what your looking for

General , lossless / flac , non english , community music site with a nice request area,

I don't like trance music so i won't request a trance music site which makes sense last time i looked

Look in the bittorrent review section it will give you a nice idea of what site has what
    What's a good music tracker for non english stuff?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast