Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Fastest Download Speed Ever

wait nevermind my connection is like .5 Mbps and 60k a sec is average sorry bout that

2. File Sharing   -   #52
    Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    amarjit, that's impossible.....

here, i'll do the numbers for ya......

512 is your down....
    256 is your up.....

512 divided by 8...which is what bits compared to bytes are......(a kilobyte is 8 times the size of a kilobit....) KB = kilobyte kb = kilobit

which leaves your maximum d/l speed at....a whopping 64K.......whooo, think about that for a minute.......

unless u have somehow gotten your ISP to up your speed to, oh, say, like 1600/768 maybe????........which would cost about $20 more for that much of a speed increase.....

no offense man, but get your numbers straight....

3. File Sharing   -   #53
    n00b
    You're all lucky! I only have a 128kb/s modem and my average speed on Kazaa is around 20kb/s. I once got up to 70 for a second and that was when I had alot of sources.

Is there any way I could speed it up a bit?

4. File Sharing   -   #54
    Use one of the Accelerator programs. I did and
    deleated the program then removed it from my
    register and the speed stayed up and it never
    timed out. Works great. If I ever have to do it
    again it will be worth the $$$.

5. File Sharing   -   #55
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by chrisrog@29 July 2003 - 22:13
    The highest I&#39;ve ever downloaded at was like 90 kb/s. I ususally get less than that though. I have a 768k connection.
    an honest person at last&#33;.. thats exactly what you should get on a 768.. its what i have.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

6. File Sharing   -   #56
    luvbellagio
    i got over 300kbps last night for a movie download on Kazaa Lite K++ latest version. in past i have got over 1.5 Mbps. all this on a cable modem from RoadRunner, USA.

7. File Sharing   -   #57
    Originally posted by metalrebelzz@30 July 2003 - 17:32
    IMHO ........unless u have a T1......anything beyond 1000K is pretty much impossible......

my standard is 300K, with it maxing out around 350K - 360K.......and that&#39;s on a cable line with NOBODY else on it but me
    highest peak i&#39;ve ever gotten was 412K....and that lasted about 2 mins....

yeah, i&#39;d say i&#39;m one of the fastest....
    gamingsummer, u dont come CLOSE.......i OWN u.........

and BTW....i see a LEECH&#33;&#33;&#33; lame........ (in BIG letters: NOT SHARING ANY FILES&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33

share u fucking cheater......if you&#39;ve got that much speed, then share&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Wrong, T1 download speeds are generally slower than most cable downloads. But the uploads are another story

8. File Sharing   -   #58
    i&#39;ve got my max. 150kb/s on a 135 to 150kb/s dsl. as long as it is a popular song or a popular movie and not rare (like the matrix, or american, or a walk to remember) i get good download speeds.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456