Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partition Magic

TClite's Avatar Poster
    I used both 8.0 and now 8.02, and both give me the same error "cannot create partition on drive 1" ive been using the wizard, and ive been going with all the defaults and recommended, i get this error on the second set up prompts, the one where you select primary/logic file managment system etc, and it wont go on due to this error, ive tried re-installing, and upgrading versions, any ideas?

General System Information:
    Total Physical Memory (bytes): 536,383,488
    Used Physical Memory: (bytes): 277,397,504
    Maximum Page File Size: (bytes): 1,311,129,600
    Current Page File Size: (bytes): 222,162,944

===========================================================================================================
    Disk Geometry Information for Disk 1: 14593 Cylinders, 255 Heads, 63 Sectors/Track
    System PartSect # Boot BCyl Head Sect FS ECyl Head Sect StartSect NumSects
    ===========================================================================================================
    0 0 80 0 1 1 07 1023 254 63 63 234,436,482
    Info: End C,H,S values were large drive placeholders.
    Actual values are:
    0 0 80 0 1 1 07 14592 254 63 63 234436482

Partition Information for Disk 1: 114,471.0 Megabytes
    Volume PartType Status Size MB PartSect # StartSect TotalSects
    C: NTFS Pri,Boot 114,470.9 0 0 63 234,436,482

Boot Record for drive C: (Drive: 1, Starting sector: 63, Type: NTFS)
    1. Jump: EB 52 90
    2. OEM Name: NTFS
    3. Bytes per Sector: 512
    4. Sectors per Cluster: 8
    5. Reserved Sectors: 0
    6. Number of FATs: 0
    7. Root Dir Entries: 0
    8. Total Sectors: 0
    9. Media Descriptor: 0xF8
    10. Sectors per FAT: 0
    11. Sectors per Track: 63 (0x3F)
    12. Number of Heads: 255 (0xFF)
    13. Hidden Sectors: 63 (0x3F)
    14. Total Sectors (>32MB): 0 (0x0)
    15. Unused: 0x80008000
    16. Total NTFS Sectors: 234436481
    17. MFT Start Cluster: 786432
    18. MFT Mirror Start Clust: 14652280
    19. Clusters per FRS: 246
    20. Clusters per Index Blk: 1
    21. Serial Number: 0x90CC93A4CC938360
    22. Checksum: 0 (0x0)
    23. Boot Signature: 0xAA55

edit: provided partition information thus far

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Take a look right above this post. What does it say? The forum you posted to said this >>

www.k-lite.tk Board -> Kazaa Lite Related -> Problems

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    having been a member much longer than yourself i feel i have established basic communication with the forum, if you cared to have another gander, you will see that i posted in the forum sub category entitled "problems", I did so, as I have always done so. If your not going to reply with something constructive and helpful dont bother, this is highly immature, and if it was imperative to yourself that it was moved why not be more polite about it instead of implying im stupid

Take a look right above this post. What does it say?
    i find that derogatory, and very sarcastic, however im consolidated very much so in that "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit"

having said that are there any ideas relating to the problem at hand?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    God, they ain't half fussy on here.

Help the man out! Like a bunch of failed cops or something!

LOL..

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by TClite@27 July 2003 - 04:58
    having been a member much longer than yourself i feel i have established basic communication with the forum, if you cared to have another gander, you will see that i posted in the forum sub category entitled "problems", I did so, as I have always done so. If your not going to reply with something constructive and helpful dont bother, this is highly immature, and if it was imperative to yourself that it was moved why not be more polite about it instead of implying im stupid

Take a look right above this post. What does it say?
    i find that derogatory, and very sarcastic, however im consolidated very much so in that "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit"

having said that are there any ideas relating to the problem at hand?
    You tell 'em TC!

WAAAAAY too much strictness around here sometimes.. are we back at school or something?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    God, they ain't half fussy on here.

Help the man out! Like a bunch of failed cops or something!

LOL..
    yeah, it gets old after a while lol

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    sorry i cant help u mate..except i used partiton magic 8 a while ago to partition a drive and i had hell a job with it.I never had any errors with the actual setting up....with me it kept saying the process was complete,but when rebooted nothing had changed,no new partiton.So after a few scandisk etc about the third atempt it done the job.But before i tried partition magic i had a go trought disk management in windows admin tools.I never had much luck partitioning my drive, but i manage converting the file system over..but if u havnt all ready tried it..u never know.

I thought these type of probs were right up Balamm street aswell.. No idea ballam?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Lots of them CosmoK but I don't care much for sharing what will likely be ignored anyway. Wrong forum, wrong gui, there's not much I can do for some people. Especially ones with that kind of attitude towards constructive advice.
    Hell, paying customers aren't even half that rude.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    sharing what will likely be ignored anyway
    as I have already said any ideas relating to the problem are more than welcome

Wrong forum
    well, this forum has helped solve many of my problems, so im asssuming that it will do me well on this particular issue also

wrong gui
    windows xp interface, i can only assume thats what you mean Balamm, i dont understand why gui is an issue

there's not much I can do for some people. Especially ones with that kind of attitude towards constructive advice.
    I never recieved any constructive advice at all from yourself Balamm, you were abruptly sarcastic, you were not particularly friendly at all in my opinion. Its not the moving of the topic that was of any annoyance to me, it was more the fashion in which it was carried out.

Hell, paying customers aren't even half that rude.
    I dont think i was rude at all, if thats what your feelings toward the post are then my appologies, it was an opinion on how you treated the topic.

more over you say now you have many ideas, ok, why not include one in your original post, why just take it upon yourself to move it and pass, in my opinion, what is a rude comment.....all this having been said im still looking for some more advice

CosmoK mate, i will try this, and see what comes about thanks

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    I would have edited that post above but due to tired formatting its bloody huge lol, none the less, for some strange reason best known to the xp kernal, partition magic has decided its going to work, god knows whats going on, but thanks for the input CosmoK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast