Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do Sysops care?

BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by DjDjazzer View Post
    I don't really care about that!
    My point is...I do my best for my users! Not because of any lists or tops! But it's just my opinion!
    are u relly sure sir u dont care

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...73#post2443206

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    you are asking the wrong question...

should be:

Why do users care so much about ratings.

I have seen soo many users just blindly apply to a tracker just because its a certain level.

Thats the biggest load of horse sh*T ever.

Half of the coolest trackers/communities arent even above level 4 so your whole system is flawed.

If anything, the problem is that users have a need to flex their epenis and brag that they have a xlvl tracker, the ironic part is....when you die, not one person will miss you from any tracker and all that braggin will be in vain.

Moral of the story: throw that damn rating system out, I dont use it and a lot of other people dont use it that are aware of its flaws.

join trackers because you want to hang out there, not because a rating system said they are lvl 29

if you are just here to download, then use newsgroups and be safe and have faster speeds then torrents

and plenty of staff/sysops say the same damn thing.

f*ck it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    he just said signup were closed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    Without good, original content, a tracker is nothing but a lonely teenage boy's chatroom.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    I think sysops of those "high level" tracker really hate the wiaw.. because it attracts a lot of unwanted attention from people who want to join only for the rarity, or to expand their pokemon collection, and not for the reasons they are giving in their requests (community, contents, etc).

Also, those levels are encouraging people to break trackers' rules by trading. And i've seen sysops from some of those "high levels" saying that that rarity thing means nothing to them. I don't think they make their decisions on how they give invites to their members based on that list at all.

As some said, if anything from that list is of interest to them is the reviews and the quality rank (the [#]).
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i think the tracker review section is far more important then the rank bs

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by itrader View Post
    Hello everyone.I've had this burning question for a while now so i thought i'd ask.

Do sysops of torrents sites care about what "tracker level" their site belongs to? Do they also formulate their invite system based on the level of their site?
    For example, would a sysop of ftn or e**** make it harder to get invites for their site just because their site is a level 9 or a 10?

Post your thoughts,ty.
    The sysop find the best way to get new blood but not stinky blood.

They dont run by the WTIW if fact the list runs by what the sysops decide. Its just a damn rarity list not a bible

Well, ftn and E have had their own system for a while and its been working for them

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Adama's Avatar Xtreme User BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    65 % care and 35 % don't care about the level

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    <******> sweet! ftn is down to level 8
    <*******> less assholes trying to get in i hope

That about sums it up.

Someone invite me to fsc please

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    All the WIAW thread highlights is how easy or hard it is to get membership at a tracker. The WIAW thread has absolutely no influence on the quality of the tracker.

As some have stated, a tracker review is much more in line with what people want.

Rarity is no guarantee of quality, only that if you get such an invite, and like the tracker, respect your account a bit more because if you lose it, you'll find it hard to regain entry.

As for what SysOps think of the WIAW thread, I can tell you that we think it produces unwarranted attention to our trackers for the wrong reasons. People should want a tracker because it has what they want, not because it's hard to acquire. I can tell you that a percentage of people who acquire fsc invites leave their accounts to rot, because fsc is not for them.

It doesn't matter what community you name, there will be those who like/love it, those who use it, and those who leave it. No two people are the same, and no two trackers will attract the same two people.

As for the WIAW thread, this obviously satisfies those who's only intention is to go big game hunting (in a bit torrent sort of way).

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    KravenX's Avatar CZ Adm|n & sFZ Help
    Quote Originally Posted by arbaal View Post
    I always thought sysops care only for beer, chicks and excuses

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast