Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Do Sysops care?

grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    All the WIAW thread highlights is how easy or hard it is to get membership at a tracker. The WIAW thread has absolutely no influence on the quality of the tracker.

As some have stated, a tracker review is much more in line with what people want.

Rarity is no guarantee of quality, only that if you get such an invite, and like the tracker, respect your account a bit more because if you lose it, you'll find it hard to regain entry.

As for what SysOps think of the WIAW thread, I can tell you that we think it produces unwarranted attention to our trackers for the wrong reasons. People should want a tracker because it has what they want, not because it's hard to acquire. I can tell you that a percentage of people who acquire fsc invites leave their accounts to rot, because fsc is not for them.

It doesn't matter what community you name, there will be those who like/love it, those who use it, and those who leave it. No two people are the same, and no two trackers will attract the same two people.

As for the WIAW thread, this obviously satisfies those who's only intention is to go big game hunting (in a bit torrent sort of way).
    Yes that holds alot of truth. I have gave people invites to places that they though they would like and leave their accounts to rot. I hate that the most!

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by zxion View Post
    Some trackers are in it for the money too

I'm pretty sure for some of them this is their main source of income hehe

But they deserve it for the amount of work they put into it

"It's all about the money, it's all about the dam dam darra dam dam."
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Worrying about your tracker level is like worrying about people who don't like you. Who gives a shit!

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    bornwithnoname's Avatar Bit Master BT Rep: +1
    I think syops try to do the best they can by their users. But no I do not they care what their level is here at FST.

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it. (Terry Prattchet)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345