Thread: Learning C++

Poster
    Is there any good e-books I can download or websites that are really good for learning C++. Also are there any programs that I need? I'm planning to learn it using my old computer so I dont mess anything up.

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.
    We all seek peace, but few of us will ever find it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by volskid2002@27 July 2003 - 18:54
    Is there any good e-books I can download or websites that are really good for learning C++. Also are there any programs that I need? I'm planning to learn it using my old computer so I dont mess anything up.
    http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html
    ice ice baby

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I strongly recommend Sams Learn C++ in 21 days and then if u want to learn visual c++ theres a sams book for that which is ok. U can probably get hashes for these in the ebooks section, but theres probably not much point as there aren't really any fake ebooks and so searching would probably be a better option.
    As for software u need, I'd recommend getting visual c++ or visual studio (which has visual c++ in it) u can probably get hashes for those in this seciton, but i personally never download software from kazaa as theres too often corruption. (in other words get visual studio from another network)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    i would go with the borland compiler rather then the m$ one. they give out a free command line version from there website if you are interested.

it is sometimes splashing out a few quid on a real book if you are interested. it just make it easier reading rather then changing between windows writing your programs.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by volskid2002@27 July 2003 - 11:54
    Whole college textbooks and learning materials online.

http://www.free-ed.net/catalog/itcat01.asp

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    yeah the borland compiler is nice theres also the freeware djgpp compiler for making command line applications, i used it for quite a while and was my favourite, but eventually moved away from command line c++ programs and then visual c++ is the main option.
    And yeah i would definitely recommend getting books, they're usually fairly expensive (up to 30quid), but trying to enter code and read the book on the computer is a pain in hte arse.
    And cheers for the link shn

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by ilw@27 July 2003 - 11:44
    I strongly recommend Sams Learn C++ in 21 days and then...
    Absolutely! I have the same book and in less than 21 days I was programming!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I went to "How stuff works" they can tell u a lot about a lot but i never went back to finish learning I will one day i guess