Thread: How 2 Dl From Newsgroups?

well i got newsbin pro, but cant quite figure out how 2 dl films n mp3 from there, can any1 help a newsgroup virgin.....please????

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by redemption@27 July 2003 - 01:10
    well i got newsbin pro, but cant quite figure out how 2 dl films n mp3 from there, can any1 help a newsgroup virgin.....please????
    Anytime its a big file youll be downloading in parts. And youll need winrar to merge all those parts in one huge file for it to work. My isp has a pretty shitty newsgroup but Im working on finding another news server. I must say I like filesharing apps like kazaa lite better because most of the time you get the whole file and boom your done. But with news servers its a lot different. Sometimes It may be like 10 or 15 parts to a file and I cant always find all of them, but when you do its worth it. You can find a lot more stuff on news serves then youll ever be able to find on k-lite or any other basic p2p app.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Plus all the latest stuff is usually released to IRC or newsgroups waaay before p2p apps get them.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Yeah thats true. The funny thing about is that way of downloading stuff has been out for years and you dont see the riaa or anyone else complaining about that. The only thing I dont like about IRc is the queued up time. It takes a long time because you have to stand in line for the file. Newsgroups on the other hand are generally a straight bandwidth connection right through, especially if your using your isp's news server. But irc still rocks and always will.