Thread: Bittorent In K-lite

If you added BitTorrent to Kazzaa there would be heck allot more users!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    is that a Tip and if its not then what the heck is it doing in TIPs and if it is a tip, would u mind telling us how would that work!!!!!!!!!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    It's impossible without the source code for KaZaA, it's not worth it anyway, KaZaA is the ugliest P2P program around, just use BitTorrent or the clones or Shareaza.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Assultsniper@27 July 2003 - 10:28
    If you added BitTorrent to Kazzaa there would be heck allot more users!
    Why stop there? Why not add eMule and a few other networks in there as well.

Oh wait - That's Shareaza

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    lol. Too bad fasttrack isn't included in shareaza, it would be like a swiss army p2p program

edit: before someone else says, i know it won't happen in the near future(or ever)...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Originally posted by Jonne@28 July 2003 - 01:38
    lol. Too bad fasttrack isn't included in shareaza, it would be like a swiss army p2p program

edit: before someone else says, i know it won't happen in the near future(or ever)...

FastTrack is supported by Shareaza. FastTrack is the network that Kazaa Lite uses - It's also one of the networks that Shareaza uses.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Sorry I was too lazy to find more offical notes on this but based on this picture i do not think that this is true. Sharaza does not connect to the Fastrack network.

Sorry If I am wrong but I thought that it only connected to Gnutella and edonkey.

Oh well I did i search and here is a quote from the Sharaza forum

I agree that more networks should be added, however napster and some other messed up networks should not be added.

For example support for Kazaa's network should not be added. However support for freenet's network should be added.
    This was not a mod or anything but He was a senior member, I think a member of this board aswell, the guy with the burns avitar. (sorry can't remember name, and closed website.)

Edit: looked up two post and there it was - Amarjit i beleive is the quoted.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Damn - My apologies. I take notes from Shareaza users on the program, and the fact that a lot spouted on about Shareaza over KL made it seem that it could connect to FastTrack.

Heh - Guess that's a weakness for Shareaza

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Originally posted by Illuminati@28 July 2003 - 08:47
    Damn - My apologies. I take notes from Shareaza users on the program, and the fact that a lot spouted on about Shareaza over KL made it seem that it could connect to FastTrack.

Heh - Guess that's a weakness for Shareaza
    Well the general sensus on that forum was that it was not a weakness. I do not agree though, I mean yeah there is some bullshit, but that is alot of users. Whatever though.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    Shareaza uses the eDonkey2000, Gnutella1 and Gnutella2 networks.