Thread: How Do I Delete Cookies In The Search Field?

toddruggy
    How do i delete the cookies???

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    If u are talking about deleting cookies period then it matters what Internet Explorer u have. Just go to C:\Windows\Cookies if u dont see that folder then go to control panel>internet options>then on the general tab look for delete cookies should be next to delete files

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    If you mean your list of previous searches scroll to the very top off the list and there should be a &#39;-> clear search history&#39; option, simply select this and then confirm. Does this or Gre1&#39;s answer answer your question?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Gre1@27 July 2003 - 13:19
    Just go to C:&#092;Windows&#092;Cookies
    I just tried that and it doesn&#39;t work.

-Oggy

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by toddruggy@27 July 2003 - 08:10
    How do i delete the cookies???
    Search Field where? in Kazaa or in the Address Bar in the IE or when you go to search engines like Google, the list comes if you press arrow key.

They already answered how to delete in case of kazaa and cookies.

What other thing you can do in case its in the search field or some form in google etc. Press down arrow key select the one you want to delete and press delete button.

If you want to clear all the forms in IE so it deletes all stores information you can go to
    Tools > Internet Options > Content > Auto Complete, there is a button to "Clear Forms" press that and it should clear all stored info.
    Hope this helps&#33;

I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by oggy_uk+27 July 2003 - 12:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (oggy_uk &#064; 27 July 2003 - 12:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Gre1@27 July 2003 - 13:19
    Just go to C:&#092;Windows&#092;Cookies
    I just tried that and it doesn&#39;t work.

-Oggy [/b][/quote]
    Because there is no such folder and never has been.

D:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;Administrator&#092;Cookies

Delete this too while your at it.

D:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;Administrator&#092;Local Settings&#092;Temporary Internet Files

Replace administrator with your user account name. Actually you can go into the IE settings and tell it to clear out your cache and cookie settings everytime you close the browser. You can do that with just about any browser as a matter of fact.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    There are hidden files in Temporary Internet Folder.Right click on the folder and click Explore and you&#39;ll see another folder called IE5 or something. You cannot delete the folders inside IE5, but the stuff inside those folders which&#39;s all the shit and crap.

If you want to delete those search terms inside a search filed, go to the search field hold Ctrl and press Delete.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Alucard1475@27 July 2003 - 23:29
    There are hidden files in Temporary Internet Folder.Right click on the folder and click Explore and you&#39;ll see another folder called IE5 or something. You cannot delete the folders inside IE5, but the stuff inside those folders which&#39;s all the shit and crap.

If you want to delete those search terms inside a search filed, go to the search field hold Ctrl and press Delete.
    Your right and its called an index.dat file it holds cookies and history information. It can be deleted but its a very tedious task to do so. You have to kill the windows shell (explorer.exe) and delete it from a command prompt so its not in use. Or you can attempt to boot up into safe mode and delete it then. As long as its not in use.