Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best mp3 search engines?

lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    sometimes i just want to hear a song, but not go through the process of firing up a program, waiting a minute for the download to finish, moving it around directories and then finally playing it with another program.

i've recently read about http://skreemr.com/ which returns results with the option to stream or download. i've been very impressed with how much it finds and how quickly it buffers tracks. if a friend wants to quickly hear a song i dont really wanna keep, skip soulseek or limewire, off to skreemr. i like that the site is simple and light too.

any similar sites people use?

2. Music   -   #2
    Nice site lee551

3. Music   -   #3
    ssSssttttt's Avatar Member
    thks a lot buddy => great mp3 search

4. Music   -   #4

5. Music   -   #5
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Use google. Index/directory searching is the easiest way to find individual MP3 files.

6. Music   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989 View Post
    Use google. Index/directory searching is the easiest way to find individual MP3 files.
    the one i have bookmarked is
    Code:
    -inurl:(htm|html|php) intitle:"index of" +"last modified" +"parent directory" +description +size +(wma|mp3) "Nirvana"
    and it doesn't find as many things as skreemr does. is there a way to change/optimize the above search string?

7. Music   -   #7
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    The website I provided you with isn't my favorite way to find mp3's. I actually like using http://g2p.org/. There is not any one website that has the magic touch and finds you everything. You should use 3 or 4 different methods when looking for songs. http://g2p.org/ is good most of the time, however...
    Code:
     -inurl:htm -inurl:html intitle:"index of" "Last modified" mp3
    is about as general as you can get, just simply add "Nirvana" or the song name at the end of the line to find what you need.

To get really general you can just type "index of" in google while adding "Nirvana" to the end of that to get every possibility.

8. Music   -   #8
    thanks for the site orcutt. i'll add it to the array of tools i currently use. there's nothing like hunting down a hard-to-find mp3 all across the web and eventually finding it.

9. Music   -   #9

10. Music   -   #10
    Adama's Avatar Xtreme User BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    thanks mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast