Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Vice City Q&A.. A lot of at least...

Scullface's Avatar Poster
    When i start to play vice city it works perfectly, but after 10 or more minutes it just stops and i have to restart my computer. What should i do????
    I have WIN XP, geforce 2 MX, 700 Mhz, 256 mb RAM.

2. Games   -   #2
    if i was you i wood get a new pc

3. Games   -   #3
    i downloaded a shit ver from nova and it had a Virus may be u got the virus ver PM me if u wont the Non Virus Ver

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    regardless, Nightassassin was right, you really could do with a new pc. Nowadays your looking atleast 1.5Ghz if your wanting to run games decently, with 512 memory and at least 64mb of graphics (AGP) of course better naturally would be better.

5. Games   -   #5
    Thanks ezyryder O and is's Night Assassin

here in aus you can get a new pc from about $1000 bucks and thats a beest like 2.6giz

6. Games   -   #6
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    dude, you really have to stop reading into specs, ive seen 700mhz machines run the latest games fine, the only thing i would really suggest needs upgrading is the graphics card, but honestly, I can play vicec ity on a duron 650, 256mb of ram, and a geforce 4 mx fine.

Everyones going on about new pc's and so on, and it makes people beleive into the hype, whilst having a faster pc would be good, a lot of people dont realise that as soon as a new chip comes out, it doesnt make the old one slow

Plus, he says that the game runs fine at first, so lets be constructive rather than telling him to splash out on a 1000 dollar system, which not all of us can afford

mate, i would suggest checking for overheating problems. Run some other processor intensive apps and see if you get the same thing, then report back and we'll see what we can do.

7. Games   -   #7
    I doubt it will run with a geforce 2 mx (decent anyway), geforce 4 mx's are dead cheap these days, i advise you get one. I wouldn't say that is the main reason it's not working though.

8. Games   -   #8
    Scullface's Avatar Poster
    I said that the game works perfectly in all resolutions, but after a while everything just stops!!!!When i install the game, after it asks to put in the second cd i have a couple of error messages and i have to press ignore on all of them. Which version of Vice city is the best?????????

9. Games   -   #9
    Did you put the second cd in? Or dont you have it? I'm currently downloading the 2cd version .bin files.

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    I downloaded GTA Vice City from suprnova and it plays fine on mine.Have you got the latest drivers for your card?

IMO you don't need a new PC just upgrade your RAM and see how you go with that.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast