Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Thread: Vice City Q&A.. A lot of at least...

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    use CDmage and iam sure ull fix ur problem i had same problem.
    but i have another problem, when i install them usinf virtual drive it fine but when i burn them in cd and want to install it give me error about some README file i have try this on many pc and with diffrent cd's but same

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Games   -   #102
    allright then how do i fix it?
    It showed me 57 errors, so i right clicked each error and chose "rebuild sector", which it then said successfully rebuilt 1 of 1 sector, and I done this for every error, then I "extracted" to desktop, and the new file was a .TAO file, I used this with Daemon and the error now reads "catastrophic failure".....even with the original FLT-VCA.BIN now?

how do i fix the file with CDmage people.

3. Games   -   #103
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Start Cdmage> Click File> Open
    Choose Action> Scan For corruption

once complete,
    Click Action> Rebuild Sector Fields

once complete, close.

Now you should be able to mount - install. If no luck then your bin file may have been corrupted during download leaving the file useless.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

4. Games   -   #104
    Poster
    I'm not familiar enough with CDmage to tell you how to use it to fix the bin, but I do know that you can use KCF to redownload the sectors that CDmage reports errors on. Be sure to read the last paragraph of the page 'Finding Corruption' as well as the whole 'Using KCF' page, if you want to use it .
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

5. Games   -   #105
    Nah, forget this, U need knowledge on like 3 programs just to get a file to install...no thanks.

If anyone who has downloaded Vice City would like to give links to programs they downloaded it on, how to download vice city, the name of the files..... that would be great......all I want is to play this damn game and there is nothing but problems

6. Games   -   #106
    I got my full Vice City isos off Supernova's Bittorrent site; http://www.suprnova.org/ . If you've never used Bittorrent before, just download the program, ( http://ei.kefro.st/projects/btclient/ has a good one,) install it, then find what you need at Supernova or wherever else you decide to use, click on the link for what you want, and wait for it to download. The version linked on Supernova's site works perfectly with no errors.

7. Games   -   #107
    can some one help me wiv this cd mage in, i badly wana find out how 2 get it 2 work

please please please some one go through step by step 2 it im stoooooopid

8. Games   -   #108
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    bump
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Games   -   #109
    Originally posted by sum_sicko@28 July 2003 - 12:01
    still dont work

any other ideas?
    Do you mind quoting the thing it comes up with (if an error).

10. Games   -   #110
    With cd mage i found 57 errors....and for each error (or "sector") I chose rebuild. and i ran the error search again and it found no errors, but now when i run installation it comes up with a "catastrophic error" now............I didnt even save the changes i made.....maybe I was sposed to make a backup first.....
    Does rebuilding the sectors damage your file in anyway or cause it to not work?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast