Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ratio is stupid

lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    ratio system is stupid.

i though it would be better to have something like: "you uploaded more than 30GB this month, you now have freeleech for 4 days, you seeding X torrents for 1 week, you now get 6GB of upload credit" etc.. a reward system.

i like the "bitz" system (on bitHQ) where you gain bitz and you can trade them in for MB's. i got 10GB of upload credit cause of the bitz i got by seeding. its great

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I think ftn has it right. No global ratio, only upload. But on individual torrents, you can see your ratio, and seed time to find hit and runners. They do not seem to have any issues keeping seeders...

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Unfortunately, if there was no ratio system implemented on torrent sites, too many people would H&R and never seed back.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Removing the ratio is possible, but only for some servers.
    On other servers it would only end up with tons of hit and runners.
    Imagne TL or revett going freeleech.
    My e-penis is so big it makes John Holmes look like a little boy.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    FST BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I thought is was only necessary a new script that detects H&R

rvt opinion would be great.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I got a complex idea, but hear me out:
    What would happen f your ratio determined seeding time instead of your connection speed. 0.2 ratio = seed for 14 days 0.3 = 13 days, and so on. If you don't seed to this time requirement, your stats are counted and change your ratio, if you do seed the time req, your stats are either counted at 1:1 for UL/DL or just not counted at all. So like, if you get an old file, you can seed for awhile, without fear of lowered ratio.

The thing is that UL/DL speeds for people aren't usually symmetrical, and then people can't d/l what they want until FL.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well i suggested this on Blackcats months ago, get rid of ratio, and just have the hit and runs but you still need to seed over 0.8 even if its with SP. (with the SP mod we dont realy need ratio)

I got shot down in flames though over it with some of the other staff, so i never pursued it any further (it did get very heated let me tell you)

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    I dont see a whole huge difference with freeleech or without it. You still have to seed back. Is it that your ratio is that close to 1:1 that your scared to grab stuff?

It cant be that hard to create some decent buffers.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    if you hate ratio, then use newsgroups lol

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    if you hate ratio, then use newsgroups lol
    If you know me, you know that I do!

I only use torrents when I can't find it on NGs.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast