Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ratio is stupid

Ratio requirements is what make private trackers good... What would it be if everything was free leech? Slow speeds, bad community... And why would private trackers exist?

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    SiNa's Avatar Lucid Dreaming BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post
    ratio is an important thing in non 0day trackers

old stuff dies very soon without ratios
    then how does the public trackers live? they have old stuff with a lot of seeders. they dont have any ratio

as long as the tracker is private, with fast uploaders, with the good users that we have today and a ratio rule similar to ftn then you will get fast speeds on the torrents
    Last edited by SiNa; 01-08-2008 at 12:52 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by SiNa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post
    ratio is an important thing in non 0day trackers

old stuff dies very soon without ratios
    then how does the public trackers live? they have old stuff with a lot of seeders. they dont have any ratio
    They live because of leechers, and because old stuff is hard to find on private trackers (most of them are 0days)

No wonder why public trackers have awful speeds, viruses and no community...

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Jericho's Avatar anti-anti-trader
    Well on a tracker that has a small userbase,ratio woudn't be neccesery. Ppl woud seed to help other get the file, not everyone is a ratio whore.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    As long as you give back 1:1 for each file you leech (or have the torrent to seed a fair amount of time for those old torrents where it's hard to seed back), then I don't see the point for a global ratio.

The important thing is that H&R are punished, and try to keep the torrent alive as much as possible (that's why those trackers with no-ratio/bonus for seeding time have the best system imo.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by symphonyx View Post
    Ratio requirements is what make private trackers good... What would it be if everything was free leech? Slow speeds, bad community... And why would private trackers exist?
    hmmmm, i think they call it FTN. an amazing site with great speeds and a very strong community....so you couldnt be more wrong, nt though.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I don't think that the traditional ratio system is needed anywhere. That doesn't mean i think it should be free leech. Like most of us know, there are examples of torrentsites with other solutions. For example a system that requires a 1:1 individual torrent ratio OR a minimum period of seed time on that torrent. This means that you can grab torrents that has no leechers without risking to screw up your ratio. At the same time, if you can't manage 1:1 ratio you will have to seed the torrent for that period of time before you can close it. In other words, not the same as free leech.

EDIT: Sure, there are solutions where you keep the total ratio that i think is good aswell. Those where you get bonus points for seeding time, which you can use to buy upload credits, or reduce the download count.
    Last edited by danio; 01-08-2008 at 05:35 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by SiNa View Post

They live because of leechers, and because old stuff is hard to find on private trackers (most of them are 0days)

have you ever used public trackers.....yes the speeds are awfull....but they have a lot better community then most of the private trackers....and there has never been a virus ,unless some one like you would upload it...with all your "private tracker is way better then public tracker bull sh*t".
    i just hate this kind of talk...if u dont know about something dont say bad things about it .
    Last edited by stitched; 01-08-2008 at 05:42 PM.

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    i think ratio is important thing to keep privatre communities alive

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post

have you ever used public trackers.....yes the speeds are awfull....but they have a lot better community then most of the private trackers....and there has never been a virus ,unless some one like you would upload it...with all your "private tracker is way better then public tracker bull sh*t".
    i just hate this kind of talk...if u dont know about something dont say bad things about it .
    I have indeed recieved virii from public trackers. Check out how many different uploads there are for games and cracks for apps/games. Start dling all of those and tell me how long you will last without an AV.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast