Thread: Nero Vs. Roxio

Poster
    i'm getting both...

Thanks B)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Originally posted by ehnoismemu@28 July 2003 - 05:08
    Just three questions:

- which one allows you to overburn a cd, Nero or ECDC?
    - which one is more customizable, Nero or ECDC?
    - which one has more options, Nero or ECDC?

Just an answer:
    ECDC for newbies, for people who want a nice GUI and for people who just want to "load 'n burn".
    Nero for those who want to customize the way they burn their cd's, for those who have an older machine and for those who know which one is better.
    Not a bad point, but isnt user interface the reason everyone uses windows to begin with?? If you really want performance try running your system in DOS.
    I havent found a reason to overburn yet, but when I do I will upgrade to a dvd burner (4.7G )
    I remember when nero tried the same marketing technique apple did in the early 80's.....be the first to give it away to the masses and get them use to it and they will be back.
    Everyone also mentions how Roxio has patches for bug fixes (ezcd5), but how do you think nero's build # got so high x.x.xxx.

The bottom Line..............

Try them all, and stick with the one that works best for you!

Steve

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    Thats what im going to do!!!!

But i think Nero will win though!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    i understand u skelley, but...

Not a bad point, but isnt user interface the reason everyone uses windows to begin with?? If you really want performance try running your system in DOS.
    yep, but what i meant was ECDC has a more beatiful GUI, NERO's interface is not as cute as ECDC's, but in my opinion it's much more functional. btw, sometimes i still use the command prompt! and just for curiosity, if u don't need performance, in which speed do u burn your cd's?

I havent found a reason to overburn yet, but when I do I will upgrade to a dvd burner (4.7G )
    when i make my own audio cd compilations, i often burn 82 ~ 83 minutes in a 80 min. cd, so i definitely prefer nero.

Everyone also mentions how Roxio has patches for bug fixes (ezcd5), but how do you think nero's build # got so high x.x.xxx.
    although they recommend you to always have the latest version, mine is 5.5.10.20 and i won't upgrade it to version 6 until it's tweaked (i believe 6 months will do the work). i used to have 5.5.10.7 and i just upgraded it to 10.20 cause i had nothing to download, i mean, if you don't have problems with your older version, stick with it.

ps: nice avatar.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    First, at what point did I say I didn't need performance??
    If you really want to see performance, start and run your pc in dos. It will move as fast as you can type and hit return.....lol.

True, I don't like nero's interface, but to make things worse is that every-time I went to do another application I would have to download a stinkin' plug-in.
    It always seemed that I was updating the the burn engine, updating plug-in's...updating and updating.....sorry, I don't have time for it.
    Ezcd 6 and alcohol 120% now have an auto update feature that does all the updating for me with a single click. Once again there is no reason to research for a plug-in to do a specific application....everythings there.

My lite-on cd burner is capable of 40x so I believe that is around 6000kb or so, but buffer underrun prevention is a must.

Yeppers, the old avatar is a good conversational piece....lol

Steve

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Originally posted by thcLee@28 July 2003 - 04:53
    Just get both, it's all free
    just don't forget that roxio and nero would not work together on one computer. Or expect some instability of your system. I tried to add nero to my roxio, but could not. So now I trying to learn nero. I will see what hapens next.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by ehnoismemu@27 July 2003 - 22:08

ECDC for newbies, for people who want a nice GUI and for people who just want to "load 'n burn".
    Nero for those who want to customize the way they burn their cd's, for those who have an older machine and for those who know which one is better.
    You imply that there is some absolute standard by which to judge "which is better".

The best program is the one that works for you, hence there is no 'correct' answer to this question.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Poster
    I prefer Nero, only because thats the first one I used. I've gotten used to the more advanced interface, and ECDC seems limiting and constricting now.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Originally posted by kisianik+4 August 2003 - 06:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kisianik @ 4 August 2003 - 06:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-thcLee@28 July 2003 - 04:53
    Just get both, it&#39;s all free
    just don&#39;t forget that roxio and nero would not work together on one computer. Or expect some instability of your system. I tried to add nero to my roxio, but could not. So now I trying to learn nero. I will see what hapens next. [/b][/quote]
    I have both of them on my computer and have no problems, I also have cloneCD, they all have their pro&#39;s and con&#39;s, it&#39;s nice to be able to pick and choose which one will work best for whatever I&#39;m trying to accomplish.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123