Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Downloading A Os

Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@28 July 2003 - 00:36
    Get XP Pro for heaven's sake.
    There are workarounds available which make it possible ( and easy) to get all the updates from Microsoft.
    Outside of historical curiousity I can't see why you wouldn't get the latest OS.
    Exactly - what toad boy said.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    B)

Yep XP Pro or Win 2000 is the way to go, win 98 suxxer's just like the "BLUE" death screen, If you get either of those two OS mentioned above no more crashes, well atleast not as many as Win blows 98, goodluck and Happy filesharing

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    How could u be tired of windows 98 cause most times when i download something i see that it will has problems with XP or its not compatable or theres something extra that needs to be done with it. Win 98 is compatible with just about everything.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Get XP Corporate, or Pro. Either way, you won't have Bill Gate$ knocking at your door. Maybe if you were selling pirated copies of XP you should worry, but XP is probably the most pirated software available.

Anyhow. XP-Antispy. Brainwave.

I recommend you do a search of this board. These questions gets asked every single week; there must be hundreds of posts on XP.

Originally posted by Gre1 28 July 2003 - 01:03
    .......most times when i download something i see that it will has problems with XP or its not compatable or theres something extra that needs to be done with it.............
    Hmm. What on earth have you been downloading?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Just programs i've seen or downloaded its always something extra to do with XP
    this was in the past haven't really been paying attention to see if there was a problem with XP

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Speaking as a complete computer nonothing, I think XP is great.
    Most programs these days are compatable and all the features that hardcore computer freaks hate really just make life simpler for the average user.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Originally posted by clocker@27 July 2003 - 19:46
    Speaking as a complete computer nonothing, I think XP is great.
    Most programs these days are compatable and all the features that hardcore computer freaks hate really just make life simpler for the average user.
    As another complete computer "nonothing"... I agree 100%.

I am not ashamed in admitting being an average user. I wish otherwise, but hell- I wish I won the god-damned lottery too.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Realist,

Make sure you have enough memory ( I think that 256MB is the recommended minimum) and go for it.
    XP will allow you to run a Classic (read Win98) interface if you'd like and you can go to several tweak sites to tighten up the OS ( I recommend BlackViper.com and TweakXP.com).
    What have you got to lose?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    I haven't seen many software that have problem with win Xp, if u do just get the update for it.

but Xp has lot of problem with different hardware like nvidia based grafic card and many other like that. stupid drivers!!!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Tinny0001+27 July 2003 - 15:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tinny0001 @ 27 July 2003 - 15:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob@27 July 2003 - 20:24
    the only way to really get caught is if someone sees it on your machine
    So don&#39;t go around telling people&#33;&#33;&#33; and u&#39;ll be sweet

Win Xp has lots of problem and if u do get one dont update it&#33;&#33;&#33;
    get win 2k insted [/b][/quote]
    Windows XP is a fine OS ..........As is Windows 2000.
    DL either one and you will be fine.

Peace brotherdoobie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast