Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banning A User Who Refuses To Share Files

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by airslash@28 July 2003 - 14:20
    people people,

about sharing and stuff. If you don't share you shouldn' tbe punsihed. I'll explain why.

Here in belgium we have several broadband providers. Woow sounds cool , sounds fast.  Well to be honest it all is. But here's the catch.

If we download more then 10GB a month >>>>>> byebye connection for a whole month

if we upload more then 1.54gb a month >>>>>> byebye connection for  amonth.

You see it isn't always possible for people to share file seven if we want to, caus ei have great and lots of prgrams and game si wish to share.

So before jumping to cocnlsuions please think about it
    Here in the Netherlands they have what is known as 'the fair use policy', above the set limits one just has to pay more.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    who cares??

jsut right clikc kazaa in the corner and exit prolem solved

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by airslash@28 July 2003 - 14:20
    people people,

about sharing and stuff. If you don't share you shouldn' tbe punsihed. I'll explain why.

Here in belgium we have several broadband providers. Woow sounds cool , sounds fast. Well to be honest it all is. But here's the catch.

If we download more then 10GB a month >>>>>> byebye connection for a whole month

if we upload more then 1.54gb a month >>>>>> byebye connection for amonth.

You see it isn't always possible for people to share file seven if we want to, caus ei have great and lots of prgrams and game si wish to share.

Well if you reached that limit you can't participate filesharing.. simple as that...
    filesharing is exchanging files..! If we don't do this all p2p will certainly die!
    To continue the way you think people will say, i have a limit why not use it all for download, why upload that's bandwith i better use for myself..
    Look for a provider that has a fair use policy or something like that...

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by airslash@28 July 2003 - 13:20
    people people,

Here in belgium we have several broadband providers. Woow sounds cool , sounds fast.  Well to be honest it all is. But here's the catch.

if we upload more then 1.54gb a month >>>>>> byebye connection for  amonth.

WOW,I thought I had it bad with a limit of 30 gig down and 30 gig up.Last month they nailed me because I hit 45 down and 29 up load,I am almost there again this month.
    What you should do is find a better provider(obviously) and then get download/upload meter and track your usage.This way you can share for at least a gig a month and you can also see how much you have downloaded so you can cut back as you reach your cap.This is what I do.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    mystic
    I let K.lite run 24/7 because I have broadband with no upload or download limits, and I am 100% behind the idea of sharing files for the enjoyment of everyone. I often check uploads to see if they are sharing, and only about 1 in 3 are. I understand some people have upload limits, but this does not explain the sheer number of people who upload from me in a 24 hour period who are not sharing. To my mind, there should be some kind of penalty for those who go month after month without sharing. They cause us all to suffer in lower download speeds and file availability. That this subject is brought up "again and again," should be a wake-up call for the developers of K.lite. Instead of bickering, if we put our collective minds together, I am sure we can find a workable solution.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    well I started this topic (I guess for the millionth time), and after doing some resarch of prior threads and digetsting opinions from people who "hide" the folder... I think it is a mute topic. Since there are so many out there trying to "come get us filesharers", we have to protect ourselves. If disabling the ability to view the folder contents helps us out.. I am all for it. I, we, will just have to trust that people downloading from us are indeed sharing their files with others.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    this seems like a good place to close this topic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12