Thread: Is Binaryinvasion down?

budbroker
    Another victim of the riaa? Its been down for days. If anyone else can access please or knows when will return please speak up.
    Thank you much!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    I've been trying to log on there for the last 3 days but I get nothing.

I haven't heard any news on it being shut down though.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by budbroker View Post
    Another victim of the riaa? Its been down for days. If anyone else can access please or knows when will return please speak up.
    Thank you much!
    I'm not certain why the site is down, but can say with reasonable certainty that the RIAA had nothing to do with it.

Appears that it was a small site and those come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by suchthefool View Post
    Hi Skizo, do you know of any other sites that are similar to binaryinvasion?
    What type of site was it?
    Last edited by Skizo; 01-10-2008 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Hi Skizo, do you know of any other sites that are similar to binaryinvasion?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    What type of site was it?

They post DVD scene releases to usenet on their forum.
    They review DVD usenet posts, talk about fixes and anything usenet movie related.
    Last edited by suchthefool; 01-10-2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I'm not certain why the site is down, but can say with reasonable certainty that the RIAA had nothing to do with it.

Appears that it was a small site and those come and go.
    It has been around for years and has a very close community. Its not the type of site that would just go away for no reason. Either the MPAA has something to do with it or they're having major server problems.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    During a frantic Google search I found this on the Binary Invasions cached page that Google says As Retrieved on January 7th:

To view this page properly you must have frames enabled in your browser.
    Below, however, is the pertinent information.
    Also visit us at #alt.binaries.dvdr on EFNet for up to date info on current posts and more.
    To prepare for beta 3 I am looking for one capable Coder for advanced PHP/SQL/CSS Scripting. IPB experience is a huge bonus. PM me, -thedevilman
    We're Back With Our Brand New Server!

Could the new server that's mentioned be causing some sort of problem? All I know is that the loss of binaryinvasion is distressing... if not devastating!

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Racket's Avatar Retired
    I just checked and it is online now...

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Yes! Thank the internet gods! Thanks for the good news, RacquetHD! Looks like the site's still a little buggy because of a server problem (not all the pages load), but much better than nothing!

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Great News! :-)