Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The War on FTN goes public

Poster BT Rep: +2
    Hmmm, it looks like the attack on FTN was picked up by DailyTech, a mainstream tech site with a fairly large readership. So much for FTN's web address being vaguely secret
    EDIT: Some people think that linking to the article is inappropriate, so I've removed it. If you really want to read the piece, it's not that hard to find.
    Last edited by mavenfool; 01-10-2008 at 12:51 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Was it ever secret?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by mavenfool View Post
    Hmmm, it looks like the attack on FTN was picked up by DailyTech, a mainstream tech site with a fairly large readership. So much for FTN's web address being vaguely secret
    Im glad you're helping
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Jeez, this is just unnecessary.
    It's not right to do this to people; we should be encouraging sharing, and isolation.
    FTN continues to do a great job at handling situations, this will not be an exception.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mavenfool View Post
    Im glad you're helping
    It's not as if FTN's address was that hard to find in the first place. Hence the use of the word *vaguely*. Posting the link to this story is hardly going to be the end of the site.

I just wanted to get people's thoughts about this being picked up by a mainstream tech site. It seems odd to me. I didn't even think that the stupid nfo was a big deal, but it's apparently become quite the story.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    deathking81's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    its not that the url is vaguely secret, its that you posted brandon's full name.
    lock post for his security man.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    RoSsoNeRI's Avatar LoUiS VuiTtoN DoN BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    ^^ Congrats dude - ur video was hilarious

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    oooh cheesy puffs I like those
    I liked your video too

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Actually, you can find the nfo even searching for it on google... and of course, the nfo is ALOT more explicit than this article.

Tells alot of details. If the authority gets around it, they know exactly who and where he is.

User of the .torrent files

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    deathking81's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by RoSsoNeRI View Post
    ^^ Congrats dude - ur video was hilarious
    LOL thx, didnt get the invite yet but will probably soon.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast