Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow Downloading, Public Trackers

My dl speed is better when downloading from public site if the torrent have a lot of seeders.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tmo85 View Post
    Plust u dont want to many peers on a torrent, that will slow the torrent down IMO.
    Depends. If there is only one seed, and 200 peers with a distribution of 9.5 copies, you'd do well to connect to the peers and not the seed. Between them, peers can make up any number of seeds if all the pieces are out there in the swarm. You'll usually see this in your client where it says how many seeds you are connected to followed by +x.xx. 1+5.2 for example.

Also, if the seeders are on slow connections, with low connection limits, you'll often find a seedbox hidden in the peers with high upload speeds and high connection limits. Often I've been stuck waiting for a slow uploader while sending what I have at 10mbps+ with 150 connection slots to other peers.

High speed peers are also picked to send pieces to first. If you can connect to one of them, they act as a bridge to all the slow seeds, getting the bits first and putting it out a lot faster.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I've never had slow down for too many peers, just the oppisite in fact. Unless you have really old hardware, or put the global allowed connections way way way to high, this should not be an issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12