Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow Downloading, Public Trackers

rrrank BT Rep: +3
    Downloading from public trackers is always much slower than private trackers, the latter always skyrocketing to my peek download speed within the first minute. All ports are forwarded. uTorrent 1.75 is the client of choice. Torrent files usually have a 1:1 Seed/Peer ratio, sometimes better
    Any tips?
    Thanks in advance

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    RoSsoNeRI's Avatar LoUiS VuiTtoN DoN BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    what public tracker(s) do u use??

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    rrrank BT Rep: +3
    Mininova mostly

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    On public trackers, I've found that my client only connects to a few peers each announce. Obviously, the more peers you are connected to, the more speed you should get. So, if there are a lot of peers that I am not connected to, I will do extra manual announces a few times (not too close together) in the beginning of a download, and that usually brings my total connected seeds/peers higher then it would on its own, thus increasing my speed.

Also make sure your settings are optimized for public trackers. Make sure that the total connections per torrent is high enough as well as your global connections. I usually have to raise these from the default client settings, but I guess that all depends on the client.

Final note, remember that if your upload speed is not limited in the client, and you reach full upload speed, your download speed will likely decrease. Always cap your upload speed slightly to allow your download requests to be sent out without delay.
    Last edited by Tokeman; 01-10-2008 at 02:16 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    If you are using public trackers enable DHT and see if that helps your speeds.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    I doubt its something to do with your configuration
    The reason its slow is because hit and run, and they limit the bw to public torrents.

And the users that tend to use public dont have all that much uploadspeed as well.
    My e-penis is so big it makes John Holmes look like a little boy.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    i never understood the fact that all new releases on pub trackers have like 5000 seeders, but the speed is horrible. WHY!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ulkroulkro's Avatar Member BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by extremepilot View Post
    Torrent files usually have a 1:1 Seed/Peer ratio, sometimes better
    Yes, sometimes it's very slow but at least it's fair
    "I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Its not only that there is heaps of hit n runs on public sites, but the quality of the uploader is far worse. THey dont seed as long, and they dont seed as fast. Plust u dont want to many peers on a torrent, that will slow the torrent down IMO.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    X X - - (-o-) (-o-) BT Rep: +3
    public trackers are great for some things tbh. for example rare movies, that have been released by the scene, but no tracker stores them can be found on public ones. yeah, slow like hell, but its there. no matter how private and high lvl trackers im a member at, public trackers will always be the one for rarities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast