Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quick question: Have torrenter become lazy?

Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I think people just believe that because there is an open forum for invite giving and trading that is easy to access, then that must mean it is inherently easy to get an invite. So if you were going to ask for an invite which you thought would just be given away, which one would you ask for?

Sure there are lots of people who think this way, but so long as those with invites don't just give them away like candy, all that will be lost is a few seconds of your time sifting through posts.
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    SaviouR's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    the greed is FOR the rarity levels, RoSsoNeRI . thats how simple it is . somewhere along the line they even forget what things they like to download, but will go on asking just becos they dont have that rare site yet . the mentality of the ppl here is to get in every goddamn tracker present and more rarer site , more they will give big expalnations of community and act like Martin Luther King on the forum to gain those invites . even tho i have not posted much in the earlier years , but from 2 years i am here i have seen the same pattern . they come , for 2-3 months beg till death , make friends solely for getting rare trackers and in the end they get disappeared into oblivion .

the new mentality i have seen nowadays of these idiots is to get a new site asap which emphasizes on being rare , so that incase the site works out , later then can brag they have this rare site from a long time .....

i have respected the trackers , whatever sites and whatever objectives they have are fine with me , but always hated those "fake" goody-goody ppl here who beg for rare sites for their "community" .seriously wtf .

Its like "i want to join the army so that i can play basketball with them"

Basically the problem here is the many ppl have forgotten to use their basic logic , and relying on some list . does it take a rarity list to convince that its a rare site so it must having a better community ? how do you know you will be adjusted to that kind of a torrent site ? It depends upon yourself where you will be suited . it maybe lvl 1 or lvl 100 rarity , its about the ppl u feel comfartable to talk to and have a nice chat .

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    I suppose a lot of it has to do with lack of education of the private trackers world. For a lot of those 1mo old users FST is the first stop in the private trackers world. They usually have some experience with either other sorts of filesharing or public trackers, where HnR is the norm and it's practically a constant freeleech due to lack of enforcement. These users are simply continuing with the patterns they're accustomed to because they haven't been taught anything better yet
    Should the education start at FST? or should they be invited to the private tracker to learn the hard way?
    Should even a low level tracker have to deal with greedy, ungrateful and uneducated users?
    Proud Member of:

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    RoSsoNeRI's Avatar LoUiS VuiTtoN DoN BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by SaviouR View Post
    the greed is FOR the rarity levels, RoSsoNeRI . thats how simple it is . somewhere along the line they even forget what things they like to download, but will go on asking just becos they dont have that rare site yet . the mentality of the ppl here is to get in every goddamn tracker present and more rarer site , more they will give big expalnations of community and act like Martin Luther King on the forum to gain those invites . even tho i have not posted much in the earlier years , but from 2 years i am here i have seen the same pattern . they come , for 2-3 months beg till death , make friends solely for getting rare trackers and in the end they get disappeared into oblivion .

the new mentality i have seen nowadays of these idiots is to get a new site asap which emphasizes on being rare , so that incase the site works out , later then can brag they have this rare site from a long time .....

i have respected the trackers , whatever sites and whatever objectives they have are fine with me , but always hated those "fake" goody-goody ppl here who beg for rare sites for their "community" .seriously wtf .

Its like "i want to join the army so that i can play basketball with them"

Basically the problem here is the many ppl have forgotten to use their basic logic , and relying on some list . does it take a rarity list to convince that its a rare site so it must having a better community ? how do you know you will be adjusted to that kind of a torrent site ? It depends upon yourself where you will be suited . it maybe lvl 1 or lvl 100 rarity , its about the ppl u feel comfartable to talk to and have a nice chat .
    You r right on the money there dude, I have only been here for less then 3 months, but I have noticed that aswell.....as soon as they get w.e they wanted....PEACE!! u rarely ever c them again

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Long John Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    Regarding users with 50 posts requesting top level trackers - some of it should be blamed on the users which are becoming greedy (human nature, I suppose), but I think some of the blame should also be put on the staff members of trackers, because their decisions regarding who to invite and who not to invite lacks clarity in many cases, and it's not always the most contributing members that are rewarded. If you've been following giveaways by top level trackers (not FSC, by the way) in the last few months, I'm sure you'll know what I mean.
    you do have a point here

i have nothing against respected member who ask for invites on FST, but i have less patience for people who ask ftn invite as first bt invite post

For the free leech people would want all the time, well this model has been doing well on FTN for a while, i believe FSC would do just fine with this system also because people care about being a member there

hit-n-run is the ultimate lazyness act and i would never condone it, unless you have a 5 gigs hard drive (who does?) what is the problem to share for a week...?
    Actually at one point I had a slow connection (15 KB/s) and only 2 GB free on a 30 GB HD (still use the hard drive but cleaned and re-installed windows). So i know how tight it can get..but rather than hit n run I just downloaded much less... I had good ratios that suffered but always maintained them at 1, and tried to upload 1:1 at least on each torrent!

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    well,
    i agree it wasn't like that 3 or 4 months ago but we have to pardon new members .
    you see, they enter the invite section and see many request threads so they just copycat them ; this man asking for ftwr .why don't i do the same thing ?!
    another thing , old members here used to tell us to make friends and contribute to the fst community first. now, no one tells anyone anything ;they just spam any request thread by words like "you won't get it" ,"you are noob" ..etc
    when i first enter this forum, i was looking for invites but from my stay here and knowing people and talk to them ; i understand that rarity and levels and all this crab are nothing comparing to have friends or find a tracker that has -beside its content and speed - warm community .
    i guess some members here lack patience and there is no one anymore is giving the effort to guide them .

For Serving Community

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I also agree with Saviour's post, I have been a member here long enough to have seen many members hit the ground running trade their little ass of then do a big hasta la vista and disappear, thanks got what I wanted cya........., although I try and say the same thing time & time again blah blah blah, it is honestly water off a ducks back in many cases.
    There are some that are genuinely into filesharing as a community thing the way it was on the bulletin boards etc, and for them bit torrent is the latest phase in an evolution, and then there are the others who think they have the right to belong to (fill in the blanks but it usually begins with f) but dont really care about the trackers at all, it is just the latest one that is perceived as l33t ?
    There is of course one advantage for trackers at the high end of the spectrum, users tend to be far more careful with their a/c's, the various threads that sound like someone has died when someone has been banned from a high end tracker can be quite entertaining (for the over emotion involved). But other trackers that aren't rated as highly are discarded like duplicate baseball cards...........
    I think though that a forum like this can teach some to be more community minded and I have seen this happen too, so there is hope it is just a case of trying to show others that there is another way..........

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    loyalty and good users are out there, its just with a place like this being open to anyone the majority of people will just bullshit to get the highest level they can get to so they can show off how big their e-penis is. i just feel bad for the people out there who actually want into a site for the right reasons but are overlooked since there are 20 other bullshit requests surrounding it. i guess its just the responsibility of the inviters to try to cut through all the bullshit around here and find the users that will be dedicated.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    Should the education start at FST? or should they be invited to the private tracker to learn the hard way?
    I definitely think that both more experienced FST members and FST as a forum can help in educating new members. I believe that in the last few months, more and more established members are trying to give advice from their experience to new users. If more site staffers would stop bitching about how FST is such a lousy forum and actually take some time to share their thoughts and experience here then things may actually improve with time.

FST as a forum with a strong BT community can also help in educating new users. For example, a nice PM (translated to multiple languages) explaining basic private tracker rules and code of conduct could be automatically sent to every member gaining entrance to the invites section.

To sum it up, my point is that people can learn and evolve with proper guidance. In "people" I include FST members, in case you've wondered.
    Last edited by pro267; 01-11-2008 at 01:58 AM.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    edit

off topic sorry but freeleech is good thing to any one have slow conaction
    Last edited by supper; 01-11-2008 at 02:30 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast