Thread: some files i download are being deleted

i have downloaded the pc game call of duty 4 twice using the same nzb but i am left with only a few rars in the extraction folder.

I am using newsleecher 3.9 beta 2, i use the repair and extract feature, the files were 60 days old so they were not too old, i kept an eye on the files the second time and most of them were there last night, then this morning i checked and they had been extracted to a folder and it only had 8 rars in the folder instead of the iso. the first time i did it i only had the first rar in the folder.

most times my downloads are fine but i have had this a few times and it bugging me, i cant even find the files using active file recovery as they dont seem to be there for recovering either.

anyone know a solution to this problem ?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Try turning Repair n' Extract off. It's buggy, and you may have found one.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    ok thanks i will try it a while with repair and extract off, is there another proggy that checks and extracts files without having to use quickpar to check and repair and then winrar to extract the files ?

is there an all in one solution

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Alt.Binz checks, repairs and unrars the files.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    Alt.Binz checks, repairs and unrars the files.
    many thanks for that ill go get it now.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Just remember that you can choose what to delete or not so Alt.Binz deletes all the rar files after extracting them etc.

You can also select a folder that Alt.Binz can check for NZB files and imports them automatically.

Ask if you need more help as I've used it for a year or so.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    Just remember that you can choose what to delete or not so Alt.Binz deletes all the rar files after extracting them etc.

You can also select a folder that Alt.Binz can check for NZB files and imports them automatically.

Ask if you need more help as I've used it for a year or so.
    ok many thanks dude

i now have alt.bimz downloading now, loods like a cracking little program, looks as though there aremore features that newsleecher, im impressed, ill trial run this program but its certainly looking good so far

cheers
    Last edited by mysticbertie; 01-10-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost