Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: about life and the twists and turns...

Poster BT Rep: +2
    is there any forum where people talk about their life's experiences and differnt things life taught them....i mean i am 23 and i have learnt quiet a bit from life...next time i learn something i hope i would rather read about it and learn rather then personally go thru that experience.

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    thats the great thing about life, discovering.
    There is no way of preventing yourself screwing up

I doubt anyone can be your prophet.

other than,
    a little bit of objectivity, plus a table spoon of compassion, dipped in self awareness. yet reading a cook book or two about knowledge may help.

Last edited by 100%; 01-11-2008 at 11:20 PM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    There's a wee tiny little book written by a fellow named Simon Blackburn, called, appropriately enough, Think.

Find it.

Read it.

You'll learn a bit of logic that'll make the learning go down easier, I promise.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Ask a London Cabbie. They require 'The Knowledge' before they can get a licence.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Don't regret the things you'v done , regret the things you forgot to do . Love the one your with , is one I wish I learned earlier in life .

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Don't regret the things you'v done , regret the things you forgot to do . Love the one your with , is one I wish I learned earlier in life .
    words like these are very untrue and very far from reality althou very fancy to read,these are words right out of a fairy tale.......people regret all the time about the things they did.....and things i didnt do before i am gald i never did them because there are somethings in life which shouldnt be explored its better that way..example:the world of drugs,...there are many such dark sides of life.....human mind is one of the biggest assets and can also be the greatest of enemy's....untill you r 21-22 you make mistakes you can just blame god for it....but after 22 u have no one else but yourself to blame ...and i just wanna be carefull about the things i do in future...i want to minimize the mistakes i make....and i always felt" LIFE is the greatest teacher I will ever know because when LIFE teaches me something I have to learn it...otherwise the whole painfull process of learnign is repeated again and again and again ...untill I die"<--this was one of the lessons i learnt in my 23 years...i couldnt speak about all these in real i am sort of shy ...and i really wished there was a forum where people would actually talk about the things they learnt,about the wrongs they did...so that some one else wouldnt make the exact same mistake in the exact same way and learnt the exact same lesson some one else already did...if only people would talk the truth....truth is one of the most complicated thing about life which no one wants to come in terms with....its a cruel life very people ever learn the complexity and importance of life ...my only fear is i dont wanna die knowing i achieved nothing in my life and wasted the precious oppurtunity i have ,to live....but making that switch from wrong to right...from darkness to light...is one of the most difficult path anyone could ever travel thru....i am still am in pursuit of that one life defining moment which would change the way i think and give me that extra boost needed to make that switch from wrong to right untill then i travel in the dark path of ignorance....i am a very passionate man about the things i do...i always believed some how i would never be let down by my life...i am greatfull to god,for having given me a lot of great things i never deserved in my life....but i sure know i am 23 and i have a long path ahead and hopefull i make the right choice next time i choose
    thank you BurntBlue
    Last edited by stitched; 01-12-2008 at 07:01 PM.

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    BurntBlue's Avatar LOVE HERTZ BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    totally interesting statement stitched...I totally agree with the lot, but what if that one life defining moment never comes..dunno, sort of an existential block you know?? This forum is fun, check it out:

http://ilovephilosophy.com/

the link is sort of hard to find so here is the forum link:

http://ilovephilosophy.com/phpbb/index.php

people talk about their experience, view on life, and blah blah ...
    I LOVE IT...

Will give a piece of my for

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    I think I will obtain the 'Think' book, J2.

I find that even with listening to others' experience, warnings, etc., unless I really 'think' and 'listen' to my own thoughts.....I ending up learning life's lessons the hard way.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    I think I will obtain the 'Think' book, J2.

I find that even with listening to others' experience, warnings, etc., unless I really 'think' and 'listen' to my own thoughts.....I ending up learning life's lessons the hard way.
    It's a great little book.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    angryghost's Avatar Get In Ma BELLY! BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Learning the hard was is always the better way tho, it builds character in a person, which you will never be able to get from reading about things and just "developing" understanding. Every experience you go through good or bad makes up to the person you are today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast