Thread: Tv Out Problem

Hi everybody!

I recently bought myself a new PNY Geforce 4 TI 4600 and everything's fine apart from when I tried to hook it up to my TV using a composite lead (no s-video adapter on the PNY you see) and nothing happend apart from some slight static on my TV when I try to enable the clone function for monitor two. I do know how to set up the TV out so it works because I had an MSI Geforce 4 MX 440 before I changed cards and I had no trouble using that with my TV at all.
    I was just wondering if anyone has had any trouble with this card before to see if it's a common problem or if it's just my graphics card that's playing up?

Cheers.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    :'(

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    reboot your PC

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Gooch2k@25 July 2003 - 10:02
    Hi everybody!

I recently bought myself a new PNY Geforce 4 TI 4600 and everything's fine apart from when I tried to hook it up to my TV using a composite lead (no s-video adapter on the PNY you see) and nothing happend apart from some slight static on my TV when I try to enable the clone function for monitor two. I do know how to set up the TV out so it works because I had an MSI Geforce 4 MX 440 before I changed cards and I had no trouble using that with my TV at all.
    I was just wondering if anyone has had any trouble with this card before to see if it's a common problem or if it's just my graphics card that's playing up?

Cheers.
    Okay try this,

uninstall all the stuff that didn't came with your card in the first place.
    And re-install the drivers and software that came with it.

I have an old Asus Geforce AGP 6800 card and it works fine on my tele.

Good Luck man (i know how you feel)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Try Dl the most recent drivers!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I've tried the newest drivers (microsoft signed and unsigned) but still no joy. I'll try installing the drivers that came with my graphics card to see if that helps as it can't do any harm to try. I'm thinking though the actual TV out connector on the card might be broken. Thanks for the help guys, it's greatly appreciated.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    This is simple.

If you ever plugged the conector into the card, while the tv AND the pc were turned on.... You're out!.... Yes my friend, It burns your connector.... ..

If it was all off... well.. you might have got it borken already.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I plugged all the stuff in while the TV and PC were off. I'm careful with stuff like that because I have built my own and some of my friends PC's. I think I'm just unlucky with the actual card I got. Oh well looks like I'm going to have to ring up and try for a replacement. Cheers everybody for the help!