Thread: Uk Ntl Cable

Poster
    Hello folks,

Just wondering if anybody in the UK could answer this question for me, at the moment ive got a 600k NTL cable modem and I get a fairly decent 60-70k a second max when download popular files through k-lite.

The monthy fee for a 1mb is an extra £10 a month and I was wondering if it was worth it??

Anybody here got the 1mb connection???

What kind of speeds do you get??

Thanks in advance

QP

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    ive herd NTL have a 1 gig cap? duno if its true

but if u get 1meg and download a lot ur gonna easily surpass the one gig cap within half of the day

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Yeah I heard about the 1gig cap aswell, I think what happened was that so many people complained about it they decided not to bother.

Ive easily exceeded 1gig in a day and nothing has happened!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    personally im happy with my 600KB ntl speed [with the exception of its frequent cutouts], unless you happen to download a lot i dont see the point of paying an additional 120 a year.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Right I got the 1mb please dont pay any attention to people trying to scare you off with the 1gb thoery. It is worth it. I reach speeds of 130 - 140. I would recommend getting it. I download nearly 2gb a day and ntl havent done nothing and Ive been doing it for 6 months now.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    *Grunt*
    The 1gig thing is a gimic to try and make people pay extra for things that they already have.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    whats the fastest uncapped connection in the uk?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by filestreamdottk@29 July 2003 - 09:42
    whats the fastest uncapped connection in the uk?
    i think that it's bulldog adsl. they have a service which you can only get in london that runs at 1Mb during the day and 6Mb at night, it's about £120 a month tho, but i so want it

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    think that it's bulldog adsl. they have a service which you can only get in london that runs at 1Mb during the day and 6Mb at night, it's about £120 a month tho, but i so want it
    dont we all