Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ihostvps ?

mike160's Avatar Old School
    hello i just sign up for a vps unlimited 256 and just wanted to know if anyone here know how long does it take with them befor you can start useing it

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I got my server ready in 3 days
    but if you choose the 300GB metered that would be insufficient for the whole one month
    besides, it's very confusing at ihostvps, sometimes they shutdown the vps if someone happen to seed torrents for a long time, I got mine disconnected 8 times this month

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Ask your host, it's usually around 24-72 hours.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    sorry to tell you that , but iHost is very shit mine is down since yesterday now and they limited the speed of upload (i cant get more then 1mb/s)
    Vectoral FTW!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    @ fstokebanget damn 8 times you were disconnected this month what do you have to do to get back connected when you get disconnected and how long did it take to get it back connected

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    same as predateur, mine is currently down since yesterday I contacted them but no reply until now

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    hi i just got my setup email from ihostvps today but now i dont know how to go into my server or how to setup my utorrent in it can some one please help me i am useing windows xp
    Last edited by mike160; 01-13-2008 at 11:30 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    There are a few guides for seedboxes located at http://www.Torrent-Source.net

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    hi markupmaster i follweing guide from http://www.Torrent-Source.net on setting up utorrent on a seedbox part 1 but am stuck on part 10 were it should install those 3 apps: xterm (a GUI terminal), wine (to emulate windows), and VNC server (to allow you to remote control your server with a GUI). it only install 2 when i did that it install the install xterm and vnc-server so now when i try step 13 start VNC server, type vncserver :1 it say couldn't find xauth on your path now i dont know if i had to follwod part 2 and not part 1 am runing windows xp on my computer
    Last edited by mike160; 01-14-2008 at 02:13 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Hi Mike, I presume you're running CentOS 4/5 on your server. To get wine to install properly, you need to follow the instructions here to add the dag rpm repositories into the yum program. You can probably ignore all the other 3rd party repos on that page.

If vncserver :1 has the command not found, then vncserver didn't install when you tried. Anyways, here is a quick instruction that should work to get a nice vnc session running:

(after successfully adding the dag repo)
    yum install vnc-server xterm fluxbox wine
    mkdir .vnc
    nano .vnc/xstartup
    type fluxbox into the xstartup file, save and quit
    chmod +x .vnc/xstartup
    vncserver :1 (it will ask for a password)
    now connect to your.ip:1 using a vnc viewer using the password above
    right-click on desktop to start xterm, then type: wine utorrent.exe (assuming you follow the tutorial to wget it)

Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast