Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cheapest car in the world - 2500$

AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    54MPG for $2500? They'd sell millions!
    until the guy driving his 10 mpg hummer kills them all in one crash

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    sumvell's Avatar Poster
    The buzz around this car is just phenomenal.I'm not too convinced about the safety features, but wanyway, most of the low end cars in India have pathetic safety features. Nano can't get much worse than them. So, compararble safety at half the price of the next cheapest car???? Not a bad deal in my opinion.
    The early bird gets the worm. But the 2nd mouse gets the cheese.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Definite's Avatar RAWK BT Rep: +1
    As a student, I'd totally buy that.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Wow, that's excellent news. Hope they make them run on diesel... then that will be both the most environmentally friendly and cheapest car.

The problem with hybrids, mini, smart, etc... All of these cars are very expensive and cannot be baught by the masses.

Hopefully they export this and the price don't double or triple in the process. They'd totally rape the market with a car priced that low.

At the same time however... as it is said... made in India for Indians... if a billion people start buying cars "en masse", I'm quite sure that's not good news for the environment.

User of the .torrent files

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminJay View Post
    Hopefully they export this and the price don't double or triple in the process. They'd totally rape the market with a car priced that low.
    I'm pretty sure there are laws against that.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by silent h3ro View Post
    That car is not very practical in the U.S. haha.
    How do you figure? I drive to Toronto every day for work and I see thousands of those smart cars driving around during the summer. If you just need something for getting around in a small city, this cars perfect for you. If they brought that thing to North America (and got it up to our safety standards) it would put everyone else out of business.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silent h3ro View Post
    That car is not very practical in the U.S. haha.
    How do you figure? I drive to Toronto every day for work and I see thousands of those smart cars driving around during the summer. If you just need something for getting around in a small city, this cars perfect for you. If they brought that thing to North America (and got it up to our safety standards) it would put everyone else out of business.
    Ok, Toronto is not the U.S. last I checked. Small smart cars are not very popular in a rural area is all I am saying. You might find more of these in a city for example Toronto where you are seeing them. Not as many people live in the Detroit area, therefore less of a want for a car such as this. This car seems better suited towards a third world country or a big city.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 02-11-2008 at 01:26 AM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Oh yeah and I would LOVE to see people try to get around with this car in the winter. Can you say death trap?

and got it up to our safety standards
    They would need to make the car bigger, IMO.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 02-11-2008 at 01:28 AM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i was at the launch of the car and it was a pretty big day for the indian automobile industry. we are not a very rich country and hence the car is very attractive to the average indian. besides, its not bad looking and has decent fuel economy. this is meant to be used as a basic mode of transportation and is ideal for students and small families who want to switch over from two wheelers. im not really sure whether this will be available outside india, but its surely gonna make a lot of sales here. the funny part is, inspite having so many plus points, people have already started complaining that it will hard to find parking space :| considering how crowded the streets are here, it could turn out to be a serious concern, not to mention pollution problems

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    iGraffiti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Coolish

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast