Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Body Deleting?

Poster
    Originally posted by RSK1980@28 July 2003 - 13:44
    I'm not deleting it .. I downloaded the one with the Ip Blocker .. I did however seriously limit my usage of the program as well as disable sharing. (Since they seem to be hitting those individuals first) .. If this lawsuit crap blows over (which I seriously hope it does) .. I'll be downloading once again.
    disable sharing. ???

Nice introduction to the discussion board, leech!! (@RSK1980)

So you come here and tell us that you want to take from us and not give back?
    Go away!

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Somewhere between the cornfields of Central Illinois
    Originally posted by ShAdOwMoSeS@28 July 2003 - 12:28
    [FONT=Arial] i was just wondering, is anybody deleting their kazaa because what was happening? i deleted mine but i think i want to get it back. should i take the risk or what?
    Hells no! The RIAA cannot intimidate me!

Argh! :pirate:

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The day I delete Kazaa lite off my HD will be the day someone else does it becaeu I'm dead

btw f*ck teh RIAA

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    [B][I][SIZE=14][FONT=Arial][COLOR=green] SO fucking what, let them all come. What are they going to do you bunch of pussy's !!

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Awwwww Geez,
    Not Another.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    I'm probably stating the obvious (but sometimes that's needed) but its not the sharing of files or the use of a particular program that's the problem but it's down to the ownership of the original material/copyrights - if you've got the originals already then you're OK. Right?

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by Iridium@29 July 2003 - 21:47
    I'm probably stating the obvious (but sometimes that's needed) but its not the sharing of files or the use of a particular program that's the problem but it's down to the ownership of the original material/copyrights - if you've got the originals already then you're OK. Right?
    Actually NO, that does not give you the right to distribute/upload them.
    Although I found an interesting post at...
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?sho...=0&#entry407430
    Worth A read.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Haven't time to read the thread right now (off to bed) but I will ASAP - my first impression is that I am not distributing the files or uploading them myself - my files are searchable and available for download however isn't it the responsibility of the downloader to have the permission to do so? The files I have are as such all just copies of CDs I have - I may be misunderstanding the legalities???

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    correct me if im wrong but if you have the orignal arn't you entitled to only 1 back up coipy for your own purposes

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by Iridium@29 July 2003 - 21:33
    Haven't time to read the thread right now (off to bed) but I will ASAP - my first impression is that I am not distributing the files or uploading them myself - my files are searchable and available for download however isn't it the responsibility of the downloader to have the permission to do so? The files I have are as such all just copies of CDs I have - I may be misunderstanding the legalities???
    That's an excellent point...I'm 99.9% sure it's legal to rip mp3s off of a CD you already own, and I can't see any difference between that and downloading the mp3 (after all, some people may not have CD ripping programs, or, uh, CD-ROM drives). While it would be better (more legal) if there was some disclaimer before you downloaded that you had to own it, it does seem legal to me.

IANAL tho.

Edit: On second thought, while it might be legal to download it, it would still be illegal to upload, because you are then distributing it without permission which I'm pretty sure is not allowed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast