Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Body Deleting?

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    actully when you think about it it's not ilegal WHY??? because all where doing is downloading and uploading data. and is it ilegal to download and upload data ??? nope

Metallica were the first group to use mp3s so therefore it is only ilegal to download or upload metallica songs

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Personal/fair use is implied when you purchase copyrighted music(et al). But, this doesn't give you the right to openly share across the internet. The industry didn't truly care about people sharing before the advent of the internet because it wasn't as wide-spread or easy to do. The fact that this can be done anonymously is also part of their argument.

As far as the legalities outside of the US, I would be just as concerned if I lived outside of the US. The fact is, the 5 largest record labels(Universal Music Grp, Sony, EMI, Warner Bros, BMG Entertainment) distribute 70-80% of the music in the world. The copyrights are applicable in all but a small number of countries. This means you can be sued for sharing. Just because the RIAA isn't going after people doesn't mean individual(and very large corporations) won't go after you. These corporations have their own legal departments.

Frankly, since they're primarily going after users sharing large amounts of files I suggest doing 2 things.

1. Don't share all of your files all of the time. Mix it up every once in awhile. Any computer savvy user can do this quite easily.

2. Block people from viewing your files. This feature isn't truly necessary and I for one wish is was eliminated. Such a simple solution to the overall problem.
    Fuck those who don't understand/learn the program enough to realize this.

/take 2 cents out of pocket, throws it on the table, leaves....

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Originally posted by Hogster@30 July 2003 - 02:45
    actully when you think about it it's not ilegal WHY??? becaseu all where doing is downloading and uploading data. and is it ilegal to download and upload data ??? nope

Metallica were the first group to use mp3s so therefore it is only ilegal to download or upload metallica songs
    Uhhh...this is a joke, right?

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Ad, u posted that same thing about Metallica ages ago. I'm sorry, but it just ain't true. If it was, then none of the crap going on just now would be.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I read about it last year if I can remember and it was suposingly proven to be made legal in court becasue of it

anyway nevermind

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    NEVER GIVE UP&#33; NEVER SURRENDER&#33;
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123