Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: FTP pre-release sites?

Quote Originally Posted by pimpy112 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    it already has been recognized, or I think so. I'm not on the site so I can't 100% say anything with honesty, but I can tell you things are a bit more complex then you know. Just because 1 leech is found doesn't mean the site will go down. You have to find out who is selling then excommunicate them and if they are running the site then excommunicate the site as well. Most people who sell pay for a slave on the site and sell based on that, but since I'm not in that business I can't say for sure.

There is also a cool little trick. I'm not sure if I should say it here but drftpd can be modified to list all the files from other sites as one big site that isn't really a site, then the curry sells p2l slots for a site that doesn't exist. When the person downloads a file it auto ftps it using the fxp protocol from another site. This way having 10 sites with 10 slaves each linked together can look like a 100x1000 site, when really it is 10 different sites masquerading as one. Because of programming marvels like this if someone who sells does it properly and can code properly then it is impossible to find out what the site is from a pic because it doesn't exist. However, doing this it is easy to record all the separate IPs from all the slave sites and as time goes on a list of info can be collected that can lead to all of the sites the person is on.

My point is, things are not as simple as they seem.
    or you could do what you say but with a nfs mount in linux... And yes u are right it might not be the site op selling, could be a affil... All i was getting at with my orginal post was that for a buyer, it is dumb of them to post a picture of the dir structure of the site, becasue it could lead to someone figuring out where they purchansed their leech and they could end up loosing the axx they paid for.
    i didnt know sorry

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    x34's Avatar STONED :D BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Anyone that pays to leech from scene top sites are total
    fuc4en muppets. Jesus. Are ye slow??
    Some Ratios & SpeedTest

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by x34 View Post
    Anyone that pays to leech from scene top sites are total
    fuc4en muppets. Jesus. Are ye slow??
    how? are you mad because you cant afford to?

i saw your sig and was gonna give you my extra waffles invite, before i read your post
    Last edited by TorrentFreakz1; 01-22-2008 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    typeoholic's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by broomhead View Post
    I know a couple of IRC chans where they sell axx to these FTP servers. It is around $88 a month.
    Wow, those subscribers must be entirely d-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-e!!?

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Computer Scientist BT Rep: +1
    with pretimes on good torrent sites within a few minutes, why not just wait them and get the shit then?....i dont get why you would pay.
    just a guy who doesn't like to pay for movies....or video games...or software...or television...or music...you know, just like everyone else!

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    typeoholic's Avatar Poster
    FWYH is the only group that ever interested me, IMO. There's a few other good ones, such as ViC, AmoK, etc, but FWYH owns!

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by filonome View Post
    with pretimes on good torrent sites within a few minutes, why not just wait them and get the shit then?....i dont get why you would pay.
    There is stuff that doesnt make it to even the great ftn or sct + u dont have to deal with a shitty program like utorrent with its memory leaks slowing down your pc after u leave it on for a day + its leech so every download is a hit and run.
    Last edited by pimpy112; 01-22-2008 at 10:19 PM.

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    people who havent ever been on an ftp please get the fuck out of this thread. you have NO idea what you guys are talking about.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    hyt
    Quote Originally Posted by lukee View Post
    people who havent ever been on an ftp please get the fuck out of this thread. you have NO idea what you guys are talking about.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by TorrentFreakz1 View Post
    it is very hard to get into the scene, i tried for a long time, and just gave up. i started paying for a slot on a scene ftp and im pretty happy with it, ill show you guys what it looks like.

i like not having to seed back what i download etc, nothing is free i guess
    first time i ever seen something like this....but i still wouldn't pay like 90$ a month for this....using rapidshare is the same as this, no need to seed back.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast