Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ScT Anti-Cheating System

fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by willsmith099 View Post

Lol is there a need for everyone to tell here that their acc is fine it doesn't matter that 16k accs are working fine but it really does matter even if 1 acc has been banned without any reason(though 100s of them have been),Just think of a person who loves the site so fucking much has had a fucking big buffer,Seeded for so long and suddenly banned for no Reas0n
    and moreover kicked out of irc without knowing the reason for which he was banned,Thatz wut happened with my friend
    yea u are correct,and i have said many times in previous ScT threads that they have new Anti cheateing(banneing people) system...and of course mistakes can happend and this mistakes have happend a lot before new year when user limit was 17K..and i also know there was people who have been banned for no reasone and that is bad..but we cant do much on that part anyway from here

also that is why i have said,they dont have best Anti-cheater system

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    i don't know how the software works and i don't know any people that were banned because of cheating.

i do believe that sct staff acts responsible and looks into accounts that have been detected or flagged by the script.

the script helped to ban a lot of cheater which is good, because they hurt the tracker.

no piece of software and no human works 100%.

there may be people that are banned because of mistakes by either the script or a staff member.

but i think those cases are very very rare. the majority who is banned for cheating did cheat.

the problem is, that there are no cheaters who say:"oh yeah, i cheated. you and your script got me. it works great. excellent job, regards to the coder. can i have my account back now?"

the typical cheater will never ever admit that he's been cheating. many of them come to irc and demand their account back claiming to be angels or even act rude.

they will find any excuse that they can imagine to get their account back and i understand that this can be very exhausting and work intensive for staff.

i'm sure that one of the most common excuses they hear lately is "i wasn't doing anything wrong it was your faulty script. i'm soooo innocent."

the script can't be so bad. othwerwise you won't have tens of thousands of members that aren't affected by it at all.

tracker coders are not stupid. they don't activate a script that is faulty and flags random good users.

cheaters are lying bastards - it's their mentality.

it's sometimes hard to respect and find the innocent amongst 99% who are guilty.

if somebody thinks he was banned for no reasons, go to their irc and explain your case in a friendly and reasonable manner.

if it really was sct's fault and not yours you will get your account back.

just be aware of the fact that 99% of the people claiming the same are just cheating liars.

they are the ones who make good users look implausible and not a script.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    n00b BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    ^ wise words

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    i don't know how the software works and i don't know any people that were banned because of cheating.

i do believe that sct staff acts responsible and looks into accounts that have been detected or flagged by the script.

the script helped to ban a lot of cheater which is good, because they hurt the tracker.

no piece of software and no human works 100%.

there may be people that are banned because of mistakes by either the script or a staff member.

but i think those cases are very very rare. the majority who is banned for cheating did cheat.

the problem is, that there are no cheaters who say:"oh yeah, i cheated. you and your script got me. it works great. excellent job, regards to the coder. can i have my account back now?"

the typical cheater will never ever admit that he's been cheating. many of them come to irc and demand their account back claiming to be angels or even act rude.

they will find any excuse that they can imagine to get their account back and i understand that this can be very exhausting and work intensive for staff.

i'm sure that one of the most common excuses they hear lately is "i wasn't doing anything wrong it was your faulty script. i'm soooo innocent."

the script can't be so bad. othwerwise you won't have tens of thousands of members that aren't affected by it at all.

tracker coders are not stupid. they don't activate a script that is faulty and flags random good users.

cheaters are lying bastards - it's their mentality.

it's sometimes hard to respect and find the innocent amongst 99% who are guilty.

if somebody thinks he was banned for no reasons, go to their irc and explain your case in a friendly and reasonable manner.

if it really was sct's fault and not yours you will get your account back.

just be aware of the fact that 99% of the people claiming the same are just cheating liars.

they are the ones who make good users look implausible and not a script.
    Exactly. I think 99% is a bit too much, probably 80% of the time people do cheat, but the problem is the staff should be knowledgble about the script and how it catches cheaters, so they can review each case and decide whether or not they are lying. The people responsible for reviewing the cases should have some knowledge of the code.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    dragos's Avatar . BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    very nice and true words from polarbear. Me gives polar a beer for his post

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i think you will be surprised, i have had quite a few which we have banned and said

"ok, i tried, you caught me, fair game, cya"

"oh, is that cheating, i didnt realise, fair enough you caught me but i didnt realise using a ratio cheater was a bannable offence" lol

but mistakes can and do happen, or something the user does, looks like a cheat, but was an innocent mistake.

Just yesterday i had a member on here PM me and ask why he was disabled, i checked his account, asked the staff member why he was banned, asked him what he done, he explained, i told him to read the rules and FAQ and not to do what he did again, as yes it did look like a cheat from our end, and re-enabled him.

Nothing is foolproof.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    catching cheaters is like catching criminals, except there is no court system. at least in the us criminal justice system you can appeal court decisions. usually if staff mistakes you as a cheater the BAN HAMMER COMES DOWN HARD!
    also, people in prison sometimes say they are innocent, just like cheaters sometimes claim being innocent. what have we learned from all this? all cheaters are really ex-cons, or going to be convicts in the future! Cheating leads to murder!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    i haven't had any problem with it so I didn't think much about it.

however, I remember I invited someone on oink who was banned for cheating before he even downloaded anything and I lost all my invites. I was pissed about it because he wasn't cheating. I don't need to get into details, but when you have proof like if you are looking over their computer or something along those lines, it is retarded to see innocent people banned.
    Well, your oink invitee could still have been cheating. Pretty sure cheat scripts search for some anomaly in the announce of the spopofing program that identifies it. If the anomaly in the program your invitee supposedly used was in the start announce, he could have been banned before the second announce informing the tracker of his upload.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    whitmar's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Does anyone know of some legitimate practice that an honest person could do that might trigger a false cheating report?

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    SaviouR's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by whitmar View Post
    Does anyone know of some legitimate practice that an honest person could do that might trigger a false cheating report?
    if that is known , everyone will give that excuse for unbanning themselves .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast