Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: BitTorrent Dictionary (By a noob, for noobs!)

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Definite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

what do you mean with that? how well a torrent is seeded? i don't understand it.
    The number of full copies of the file available to the client.
    what's wrong with that? i think everyone should understand it. you might as well just call it the "number of seeders in the swarm"

i think it's more a client expression than actual bittorrent talk.

instead of asking how available a torrent is, people would just ask "how many seeders?" or "how is it seeded?"

"availibility" could also be understood in a sense of how many trackers list that torrent.

i'm pretty sure when you ask here how available a certain torrent is, people would rather tell you first where to find it and then how well it is seeded.

it's a bit confusing. i recommend not to put in on the list, but it is yours. so do as you please.

p.s. did you get a tl invite?
    Last edited by Polarbear; 01-31-2008 at 06:01 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Definite's Avatar RAWK BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Definite View Post
    The number of full copies of the file available to the client.
    what's wrong with that? i think everyone should understand it. you might as well just call it the "number of seeders in the swarm"

i think it's more a client expression than actual bittorrent talk.

instead of asking how available a torrent is, people would just ask "how many seeders?" or "how is it seeded?"

"availibility" could also be understood in a sense of how many trackers list that torrent.

i'm pretty sure when you ask here how available a certain torrent is, people would rather tell you first where to find it and then how well it is seeded.

it's a bit confusing. i recommend not to put in on the list, but it is yours. so do as you please.

p.s. did you get a tl invite?
    Yeah, you're right. Availability isn't a very importent term to know.

And no, I don't have a TL invite. I figured I'd have better luck next time they opened invites. I should have better ratio proofs and hopefully some BT rep to show by then.

Bump. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Definite; 01-31-2008 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Definite's Avatar RAWK BT Rep: +1
    Bump, still taking suggestions.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234