Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What A Bad Day!

O Dear Please Don't move this topic as i think it should be in the Lounge, I have Been on the phone all day on and off to AOL.
    I have been with AOL for about 2 years no problems untill i changed my Host from Crappy Lycos that cost's me a bomb to my new one.
    I have gone from pop/smtp to mail.sheringhamsurf.org.uk thats were the probs begin.
    AOL blocks port 25, i knew that, that was no prob as i was using Outlook Express.
    But the thing is that AOL has Blocked all my Emails to AOL members as they say i am Spamming Me a spammer
    Well thats the thing, Silly me sitting there Beta Teasting AOL * for them for six months what a prat i am.
    AOL TECH Said they don't Support outlook Express, O please so Why have i been using it for the last year, Acording to AOL i have been just put on an Exceptions list for Spamming! WHAT ME SPAM NO WAY, I think AOL have lost the plot.
    It came to a stage that the AOL Tech Support Chap put the phone down on me, Thats a first, I am 40 and i have never had that happen.

Well there you go, Now going to have a very lage Drink, Today has been such a waste, And i do not like wasting my time for silly people that can't even speak the English Language.

P.S i am so pleased to be on this Forum were i Know i can be Cheered up Thanks Guys YOUR SUPER, I love you all :beerchug:

2. Lounge   -   #2
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Poor Baz Come have sex with us But bring your suit

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

3. Lounge   -   #3
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Awwww

(((((((((((((((((Baz))))))))))))))))

Tech support for anything generally sucks, I know I used to do it for the government and most of my co-workers couldn't tell an IP address from a MAC address...

This quote always makes me laugh, I can't remember who it is though:

"What does it mean when someone says, my computer went down on me? Gives new meaning to the word laptop, doesn't it?"

Hopefully that got a smile

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Nice one, I ok thanks to the K-lite Super forum, this place will bring a smile on anyone's face :beerchug:
    Thank you Guys

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by ThunderBolt>>>@28 July 2003 - 22:12
    O Dear Please Don't move this topic as i think it should be in the Lounge, I have Been on the phone all day on and off to AOL.
    I have been with AOL for about 2 years no problems untill i changed my Host from Crappy Lycos that cost's me a bomb to my new one.
    I have gone from pop/smtp to mail.sheringhamsurf.org.uk thats were the probs begin.
    AOL blocks port 25, i knew that, that was no prob as i was using Outlook Express.
    But the thing is that AOL has Blocked all my Emails to AOL members as they say i am Spamming    Me a spammer 
    Well thats the thing, Silly me sitting there Beta Teasting AOL * for them for six months what a prat i am.
    AOL TECH Said they don't Support outlook Express, O please so Why have i been using it for the last year, Acording to AOL i have been just put on an Exceptions list for Spamming! WHAT ME SPAM NO WAY, I think AOL have lost the plot.
    It came to a stage that the AOL Tech Support Chap put the phone down on me, Thats a first, I am 40 and i have never had that happen.

Well there you go, Now going to have a very lage Drink, Today has been such a waste, And i do not like wasting my time for silly people that can't even speak the English Language.

P.S i am so pleased to be on this Forum were i Know i can be Cheered up Thanks Guys YOUR SUPER, I love you all    :beerchug: 
    You know what? I'd probably give the most obvious advice concerning AOL - But you're probably expecting it anyway so I won't bother...

<cough>NTL<cough>

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Ex-member

7. Lounge   -   #7
    <ha>ntl<ha>....cough bt cough at least you arent on a shared line

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by Lamsey@28 July 2003 - 22:52
    True true true, The trouble is i don&#39;t know any different, I have been with aol since day one.
    It&#39;s the blocking of emails that gets me, If i was a spammer then yes all well and good.
    But there you go, it&#39;s a big bit of pooooo

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    Time to try a new ISP. Keepyour AOL until you get your new connection. You can even let them overlap for a little while until you setup the new one.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Ex-member
    http://www.eclipse.co.uk

ADSL 512/256 service
    £23.99 a month after tax (£4 extra for special domain services)
    No port blocking
    No traffic monitoring
    Month-to-month contract terms (no long-term commitment)

etc... go look it up, much better than AOhelL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast