Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What I Hate About Music.

Originally posted by Arm@29 July 2003 - 07:38
    Not to menction rappers taking other peoples music and rapping off it.
    rappers using other rapper's beats can lead to good new songs though
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. Music   -   #22
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+30 July 2003 - 02:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 30 July 2003 - 02:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arm@29 July 2003 - 07:38
    Not to menction rappers taking other peoples music and rapping off it.
    rappers using other rapper&#39;s beats can lead to good new songs though [/b][/quote]
    He is just a hardcore metal person who won&#39;t listen to reason

3. Music   -   #23
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Celerystalksme@29 July 2003 - 16:35
    He is just a hardcore metal person who won&#39;t listen to reason
    Hardcore metal? You mean like slipknot? Nah, I don&#39;t like that kinda music. I didn&#39;t say rappers using rappers beats, I said rappers taking songs like Dream On and rapping off of it. That just sounds like shit to me. But I hate rap too so that&#39;s the problem.

4. Music   -   #24
    Originally posted by Arm@29 July 2003 - 20:51
    But I hate rap too so that&#39;s the problem.
    now that&#39;s the problem right there...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Music   -   #25
    Poster
    I hate sell outs

*cough* Limp Bizkit *cough*

Ohh and everything dmorgan89 listed isn&#39;t in the right category
    Evanescane isn&#39;t rock or metal...Its pop
    Neither is Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park

<span style='color:blue'>Ladies and Gentlemen, John Frusciante</span>

6. Music   -   #26
    Originally posted by Arm@28 July 2003 - 21:17
    That stupid growling in Gothic Metal. The female vocals in gothic metal I usually love but when it comes to the male growls I hate it. It&#39;s annoying and I cant understand what he is trying to say anyway. Get rid of the damn growls. Either have all female vocals (no female growling) or have the male singer sing normally
    eh you&#39;ve probably just heard lame bands. check out in flames, their singer pulls off the growling really well and does it with melody. download Egonomic, that&#39;s a great song.

7. Music   -   #27
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    I don&#39;t really hate anything about music.
    I guess that&#39;s only because I listen to what I like.

Every music has it&#39;s time and place and people whose taste it suits, I guess.
    I dnn&#39;t even care much about artists remaking other songs. Except for a few select cases.
    There&#39;s some music you just shouldn&#39;t fuck with, out of respect or humility. Such as Janis Joplin & Pink Floyd.
    Or the American Pie song.

I find genres pretty irritating, though. Either you end up lumping everything into vague Rock, Rap, Country, R&B,
    and possibly Jazz & Blues, which makes the picky people angry (that&#39;s not rock that&#39;s Nu-Metal).
    Or you have 100 sub genres to remember, and who fits in what category, and which album was really more
    Lo-Fi than Ska-Alterna-Hip-Hop-Hardcore-Emo-Punk.
    I just say, "I got the new Spiritualized CD."
    People say, "Who&#39;s that? What&#39;re they like?"
    I say, "Like going to church on lots of drugs. With guitars. And a congregation who&#39;s just about lost its faith."

What I hate about music is copyright, and the fact that it&#39;s so controlled. With our current laws, there is never going to be
    any more true folk music. Case in point: The House Of The Rising Sun. Eric Burdon and the Animals probably
    own (or their label) the copyright to it, but I&#39;ve got a CD of Woody Guthrie singing it way back in 50something.
    Noone really knows who wrote it. Like most of the songs you learned as a kid, nobody held any rights to it, but
    everyone new it.
    Now, our musical entertainment is compromised. Because record companies don&#39;t promote the best bands, or the
    most talented singers. Just the most marketable. If Pink Floyd were to have never existed before, and come out today,
    you&#39;d probably hear one song on the radio, or a quick blurb on MTV.

Once again, they&#39;ve sold our souls for the price of a P.Diddy music video.
    And it&#39;s good because they tell you.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

8. Music   -   #28
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    nice post

9. Music   -   #29
    hate sell outs

*cough* Limp Bizkit *cough*

Ohh and everything dmorgan89 listed isn&#39;t in the right category
    Evanescane isn&#39;t rock or metal...Its pop
    Neither is Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park
    *cough*idiot*cough*

i said in my OPINION. And evanescence isn&#39;t pop. it&#39;s rock dumbass. and evanescence is pop culture.

nsync is pop. britney spears is pop. evanescence sounds nothing like them. evanescence, limp bizkit, linkin park is pop culture. not pop.

10. Music   -   #30
    I hate when those main stream &#39;bands&#39; have the lyric "i&#39;m real".

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast