Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What acc disabled

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Well, it happens that my recently acquired what.cd acc has been disabled before i even downloaded anything.
    żDoes anybody know what the hell why it could be???

Clues appreciated.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    probably inactif account, btw you post on wrrong section
    Vectoral FTW!

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    It's because they found out you got your invite over a forum.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    It's because they found out you got your invite over a forum.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    wrong section buddy

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    John1988's Avatar ★★★Need help?Ask★★★ BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Insane mass disablings, invites open again posted on 01/14/08 05:52AM by WhatMan We've run some insane disabling scripts the past few days, and disabled a bunch of other people manually. This has pushed the number of users down to almost 40,000, and, as a result, we've opened invitations again. Feel free to invite people, but remember that we disabled the bad users so that you can invite the good ones - in other words, make damn sure that your invitees are going to be valuable users - otherwise, your invites are at risk.

If you meet more than one of the following criteria, your account is at risk of being disabled.

Inactivity - non-power users/donors who haven't logged in for 6 weeks are getting disabled. People with bad ratios (ie. peons) that haven't logged in for two weeks are getting disabled. People who have created accounts but haven't ever logged in are getting disabled.

Dupe accounts - we disable both accounts in these circumstances. Extensive measures are taken to ensure that we don't catch roommates or relatives with the same IP addresses.

Bad ratio - Keep your ratio above 0.4, or you could very well be getting hit with the banstick any day now.

Hit and runs - Seed the torrents you download. Ratio farming off rosetta stone and hit+running everything else makes you a terrible user, in our books.

Being a moron - Trolling in the forums or IRC is extremely hazardous to your account.

Donating makes you exempt from the inactivity rule, but it does not make you immune from the dupe account, bad ratio, or H+R rules.

These criteria are subject to arbitrary change. Be a good user, and you can keep your account. If you aren't a good user, you'd better turn that around pretty quickly.
    i think thats the reason

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    Sorry to post in the wrong section. Unfortunately i can´t get it to the right place, and anyway maybe this should be read by anyone applying for a what.cd invite, to be aware of what may happen.

And thanks to krunkstatic for answering.
    Now I wonder how they discovered that, since i used another username and email account.

May i get the same result if i get another invite through this forum?. Anybody else went through the same?

Again any answer will be appreciated.

Edit: just read that you posted, John. Thank you. Unfortunately none of those was my case, since my account was disabled very few hours (maybe no more than 2) after activated. Had no time even to be inactive!!!!!

Btw... those scripts mentioned above... what is it about??
    Last edited by InsaneArtist; 01-15-2008 at 07:36 AM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneArtist View Post
    Sorry to post in the wrong section. Unfortunately i can´t get it to the right place, and anyway maybe this should be read by anyone applying for a what.cd invite, to be aware of what may happen.

And thanks to krunkstatic for answering.
    Now I wonder how they discovered that, since i used another username and email account.

May i get the same result if i get another invite through this forum?. Anybody else went through the same?

Again any answer will be appreciated.

Edit: just read that you posted, John. Thank you. Unfortunately none of those was my case, since my account was disabled very few hours (maybe no more than 2) after activated. Had no time even to be inactive!!!!!

Btw... those scripts mentioned above... what is it about??
    What.cd is pro at finding out people who get their invites over forums. Just saying.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    You will always get the same result your banned you will stay banned dupe accounts you had one already only way is a staff member enableing your account again or ------ always best to speak to a staff member who has controll on these issues have a look in the community rep section if what cd is listed
    Last edited by sleepyy; 01-15-2008 at 08:14 AM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by krunktastic View Post

What.cd is pro at finding out people who get their invites over forums. Just saying.
    Shit. And how to avoid that? Does it mean everyone who gets an account through this forum will get it disabled? If not, what have i done wrong?

Everybody forgive my insistence, but it was rather hard to get an invite since i don't know anybody at what. Finally got it, intented to be a good user... and then got disabled. I'm sort of pissed off, i mean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast