Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My 1st giveaway turns into disaster

slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    "We would like to take this opportunity to remind you, our dear users, that selling invites, trading invites, and giving invites away to random strangers is not tolerated, and any users found doing so will have their invites revoked, along with their entire invite trees. This is for the good of the entire community."

That it quoted from the news posting today (1/15). Maybe it was a bit harsh to start coming down on giveaway people without a little warning?

I'm just interested in the site gaining more productive peers to help make the site better I think they are making some good decisions about the expansion and the rules of the tracker. Too bad with all of the strict sites, there is some unneeded casualties along the way.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Medooooo's Avatar Gianluigi Buffon BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by slimdogp View Post
    "We would like to take this opportunity to remind you, our dear users, that selling invites, trading invites, and giving invites away to random strangers is not tolerated, and any users found doing so will have their invites revoked, along with their entire invite trees. This is for the good of the entire community."

That it quoted from the news posting today (1/15). Maybe it was a bit harsh to start coming down on giveaway people without a little warning?

I'm just interested in the site gaining more productive peers to help make the site better I think they are making some good decisions about the expansion and the rules of the tracker. Too bad with all of the strict sites, there is some unneeded casualties along the way.
    Is there is any hope to get our accounts back (Its first time we know that rull) .

It will be very kindly from you.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Really sorry to hear about your account... what sucks even more is that the good guys get screwed the hardest.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Medooooo View Post
    Is there is any hope to get our accounts back (Its first time we know that rull) .

To both of you, they've had it in their rules since the invite system were enabled. It's not hard clicking the rules page and read you know.

If you don't believe me check out squirr3l's thread here at FST about getting banned on what.
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    hmmm seems fishy, did u ever find out why u were disabled?? I would love to know because it doesnt seem like what.cd would ban people over a giveaway unless it was an undercover admin here at FST. An admin from what.cd not an admin here.

Let us know

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
    Thought I was being nice by holding a giveaway contest for a WhatCD invite. The guy gave me 2 proofs as well as a speedtest(like that shit really matters).

I go to log on today, and BAM my account is disabled.

I guess you live and learn the hard way, but that will be the last time I do that again.
    Harsh...You can see why though I hope.
    Time to remove the what-hugger from ur sig then eh.
    Now go away.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    all the rule says is you will have your invites revoked, not that you will get disabled for doing it.

so it may have been something else on top of giving away the invite, but im not a member over there so can only speculate.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    bhovoi's Avatar Poster
    next time be carefull in choosing who your giving an invite..good luck in getting back your account..

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    -AdY-'s Avatar Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    sorry man next time be careful..

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Medooooo View Post

Were you asking me? I am just a regular user at the site. My guess, is there any chance they will have leniency and give any account back? Probably not, theres no incentive for them to do so, they are already filled back up with eager new members.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast