View Poll Results: Did You Like the new HBO Series - Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Loved it

18 72.00%
  • No - Hated it

7 28.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles, any thoughts on the New HBO Series

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    It's weird how folks say it was boring when all it mainly had was action.

Every moment you turned around, that damn Terminator was coming. John Connor didn't have time for teenie-bopper boy problems in school or anything.

That pesky Terminator just happened to be the substitute, didn't know what John looked like, and had to hear the roll call before he started shooting.

The show has it's flaws but I guess I'm interested in how the story gets filled in.

These two shows were obviously hooks. There's no way it can't keep this pace.

Remember how Firefly was aired out of order cuz the network wanted viewers to get hooked with an action episode first (The Train)?

I think character they kinda got wrong was Sarah. She isn't brunette and as cold like Linda Hamilton but still really ok with that. John Connor is ok (I think he was Claire's classmate in Heroes).

Either way this show will tide me over during the strike. This and Medium (which has been excellent (2 episodes do far).

Oh again, the lady that plays Sarah is Brit with an excellent American accent. Brats are better at acting like us.

I also don't think this show could last multiple seasons.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 03-03-2008 at 01:42 PM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    this is the first time I hear of it

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Well the show has been looking good. I actually look forward to each episode.

They fill in lots of "Terminator lore" in the show.

Summer is just great. She has the charisma like Ahnold had in the movies.

Bionic Woman has been canceled, btw.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Watched most of the episodes this weekend, it's a very average show with only the mythology of the Terminator franchise and Dean Winters' presence keeping me interested.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Watched most of the episodes this weekend, it's a very average show with only the mythology of the Terminator franchise and Dean Winters' presence keeping me interested.
    Whose Dean Winter?

edit: Actually your assessment of why you watch the show is pretty much on point.

edit2:
    For me it's
    Terminator + Summer Glau. I thought her name was Sarah Winter for one sec.

It's enough for me instead of a show like Bionic Woman being just that fact that it was....the Bionic Woman and kept me watching until I stopped watching and realized the show was total shit. It's story and characters sucked and they try to make the show so stylized that it stupid. I wasn't interested in the combat anymore.

I love seeing Sarah fight though. She's so small yet kicks ass. I also like her disconnect and willingness to kill people that she deems it necessary....or should I say willingness to let people die *winkwink*.

Spoiler: Show
    Last edited by Busyman™; 03-03-2008 at 02:44 PM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Dean Winter is the ex of Sarah, he was one of the O'Reilly brothers in Oz (and my favourite character).

I got bored of Bionic Woman very quickly, the lead character is played by a British soap actress so I could never get beyond that (fellow Brits will know what I mean when I kept expecting her to shout out, "You're not my mother!") or her exceedingly big chin. But the show was uninspiring, just seemed like an Alias or La Femme Nikita clone.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i never got how Johns father is some1 from the future who is serving john himself in that future. how a guy comes from future and creates the past i dont know.

Kyle Reese is serving John Connor in future that means Connor was already there when Kyle Reese met him that means father is some1 else.
    it means john was born from another person but when kyle goes back some how changes the past and john is born from him.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Dean Winter is the ex of Sarah, he was one of the O'Reilly brothers in Oz (and my favourite character).

I got bored of Bionic Woman very quickly, the lead character is played by a British soap actress so I could never get beyond that (fellow Brits will know what I mean when I kept expecting her to shout out, "You're not my mother!") or her exceedingly big chin. But the show was uninspiring, just seemed like an Alias or La Femme Nikita clone.
    Eggzacklee....big chin, uninspiring.

Dean Winter, of yeah the paramedic. He has such a bit part though.

It might get bigger but I'm thinking he's Terminator lunch meat next season (if there is a next season)

Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    i never got how Johns father is some1 from the future who is serving john himself in that future. how a guy comes from future and creates the past i dont know.

Kyle Reese is serving John Connor in future that means Connor was already there when Kyle Reese met him that means father is some1 else.
    it means john was born from another person but when kyle goes back some how changes the past and john is born from him.
    It's called a paradox.

Did you also notice how in the show, the Terminators that were sent back help Skynet start the attack?

Another paradox.

Look at the episode with the Cortan.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 03-03-2008 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Did you also notice how in the show, the Terminators that were sent back help Skynet start the attack?
    not true if you mean the nuke attack(judgment day), cuz according to last part "T3" the machines take over once the skynet system goes online, the robot girl only assets.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    not true if you mean the nuke attack(judgment day), cuz according to last part "T3" the machines take over once the skynet system goes online, the robot girl only assets.
    No I don't mean the nuke attack, I mean the machines seem like they are already in place once Skynet starts nuking.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast