Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrible vectoral speeds!

punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    I've just got a new vectoral seedbox and the download speeds are great but the upload speeds are worse than my home pc, around 40kbps tops. The highest I've seen them go was about 400kbps and that was only for a few seconds. I've set utorrent up to accept as many connections as possible and all that jazz but nothing's working. Do you think I should try another client or something? It's really starting to annoy me, I paid quite a lot for this server after reading everyone's reviews and it's been nothing but trouble so far, so any help would really be appreciated...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    christian007's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    i dont no

goodluck

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I've used many different seedboxes and Vectoral is by far the best for speed, their support is crap tho.

Make sure your using uTorrent 1.7.5 as when i changed over from version 1.6.1 I saw a major differance is better speed.

Also leave most of the options on default.... maybe change the disk cache to 250mb

Thats it really.. I've just got my server back up and running and I just hit 6mbs upload on a new torrent....

Good luck
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Depends on number of leechers, and are them leechers leeching everything or just partial leechers.

You need to jump on something very popular very early on at TL to check if your up speed is fully working.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    kloot's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    are you sure there are leechers for what you are trying to upload? maybe if there are, they haven't got good download speeds. Also, are you sure your upload speed isn't cappedin your client?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Yeah I tell ya, I just got my server back up and running to day and jumped on a new torrent to check it out.

Somebody doesn't like me as my Vectoral server was "compromised" 3 times within a week Some down time there.

I had to get it secured professionally today and with firewalls ect... it can mess up speeds but thankfully enough when i jumped on the new torrent it hit 6mbs right away so thats a weight off my mind.

So also if u have a firewall active, make sure ports are forwarded

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Yeah I've been jumping on new torrents (like the new prison break) as well as torrents with lots of leechers and nothing seems to be working. And my trackers say I'm connectable so it can't be the firewall that's a problem. I think I might try experimenting with a few different clients and see if that helps

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Do a speedtest mate....

Install firefox onto ur server and also install flash player and run a speedtest at speedtest.net

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Well according to my speedtest my download is about 6mbps and my upload is 8mbps. It's just not getting anywhere near that in utorrent

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Hmm, it is a strange one....

Are u from Europe?

I ask this because I rented a softlayer server awhile ago cause I heard they were great and I couldn't get past 1mbs upload.... I gather it was because they are in the U.S and I'm in Europe and it was bad routing or something... As soon as I went back to Vectoral..BooM the speeds were crazy again...

Did u try ur ftp speed to ur hd yet? I get on average 350kbs to my hd with vectoral, with softlayer it was only 150 max.

Hope u get this sorted mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast