Thread: Windows Xp Pro Corp

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i dled the corp edition from klite, and the file is an exe. i mount it with alcohol 120, and it runs fine. but i can't seem to be able to burn it on a cd. i tried nero and it didn't work. i tried alcohol, and the cd won't run. i can extract it with winrar. how do i make it so that it will be a regular self-running disc. i want to install xp on a clean formatted harddrive, but i need to burn it as a self-running disc. iow: i want to burn the image!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Ok this is what i did: I first extracted the files onto a folder i made on my desktop called xp. with that done, just burn the contents of that folder onto a cd and thats it, it should run perfectly.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    so i can just burn the separate files onto a cd? great. no more image confusion. thanks a lot

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    You could try this -

Go to the folder you have your file, then click on Tools at the top, go down to Folder Options, then click on View tab, scroll down and uncheck the box that says "hide file extensions for known file types", click OK, go back to your iso file, right click rename, then delete the extension .exe replace with .iso.

Open nero cancel the wizard goto the file menu select burn image.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Go here.

Note: this particular set of instructions is for Roxio EZCD but there is a link on the page which will take you to the Nero instructions if you wish. The cool part about this setup is that you slipstream SP1 into the OS before you boot, so there is no need to patch it on later.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    thanks a lot people