Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burning An Entire Movie On To One Disc

There's no way to burn an entire movie on to one disc is there? Unless you use a larger cd-r or a dvd-r. I've been searching for the answer, but everyone converts it, splits it, then burns it on to a cd-r. Just did this the other day for the first time and didn't seem that great. I'm tempted just to add more hard drives and buy one of those cards that let you send video output to a tv so I don't have to do all of this. I guess the advantage of having it on a cd-r or dvd-r is you can take it with you or give it to others, but what about those hard drives that are external? Couldn't this work also? Then all your movies will be nice and organized on your hard drive instead of on multiple disc. PS. I don't like it when people say read the FAQ. If you don't like my question don't answer it.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Your best ( and easiest) option is to do the video out thingie to your TV.
    Burn your movies to disc as "data files" ( you should be able to get about 715,000Kb on a single disc) so that you have a backup in case of disaster, but otherwise just leave 'em on your HD.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    There is a reason that people tell you to read the FAQ because , chances are, they have answered a question like yours on numerous occasions. The FAQ are there to serve a purpose in that if you require help you should be willing to try and find the answer yourself before just giving up and expecting someone else to do it for you. So I am afraid you will have to suffer answers like that again. BTW I am not sure where you have searched but it is worth searching within the forum itself e.g in the Questions and Problems sections for similar problems and answers.

ehm or just asking clocker, that would also work

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by craftywizard@29 July 2003 - 01:46
    There&#39;s no way to burn an entire movie on to one disc is there? Unless you use a larger cd-r or a dvd-r. I&#39;ve been searching for the answer, but everyone converts it, splits it, then burns it on to a cd-r. Just did this the other day for the first time and didn&#39;t seem that great. I&#39;m tempted just to add more hard drives and buy one of those cards that let you send video output to a tv so I don&#39;t have to do all of this. I guess the advantage of having it on a cd-r or dvd-r is you can take it with you or give it to others, but what about those hard drives that are external? Couldn&#39;t this work also? Then all your movies will be nice and organized on your hard drive instead of on multiple disc. PS. I don&#39;t like it when people say read the FAQ. If you don&#39;t like my question don&#39;t answer it.
    Try this link you should get all the answers on here

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/guides

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    In all reality all the information you&#39;ll ever want is somewhere (eg. google, internet, libraries, people) you just have to find it and put it together, but why do this when you can ask. Actually, I haven&#39;t had answers like that (second post), I&#39;ve just seen it a lot in the forums. What video output card would any of you recommend for this task?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Simply put, VCD and SVCD which can be put on a CDR are in mpeg format. Which is kinda mathmatical, 10mb = 1 minute (approximately). Thus a CDR can only have about an hour plus of video. These can play on most DVD players.

Al other formats that are avi related such as DivX and XviD are quality related, kinda. The larger the file the better the quality. Thus ripping a 500mb avi would be wasting 200mb, which could have given the video better quality. therefore almost all avi files are about 700mb to fit on one CDR or 1.4gb for higher quality using two CDR&#39;s. Drawback is they can only play on your compter, not in your DVD player such as the above could.

Personally I have always preferred avi since they fit on one disc, though getting a bin/cue staight to the DVD is cool too.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    SVCD is a problem cos it makes the file much much larger on your hard drive and makes it from about 700 megabytes to aobut 3.8 gigabytes...

tralalala

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    General Information on SVCD:

NTSC Resolution PAL Resolution Video Format Audio Format Average File Size CD-ROM Playback DVD-ROM Playback DVD Player Playback
    480 x 480 480 x 576 MPEG-2 MPEG-1 10-20 MB per min.

http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/product...isc_formats.jsp

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by tralalala@29 July 2003 - 12:07
    SVCD is a problem cos it makes the file much much larger on your hard drive and makes it from about 700 megabytes to aobut 3.8 gigabytes...

tralalala
    Not sure thats true, at least not alwyays tralalala,
    I am looking at SVCD I have got in bin/cue and its about 1.5gb.
    General difference between VCD and SVCD is mpeg1 to mpeg2.
    Also they are still always about an hour plus on a CDR.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    I burn over 2 hours of vcd on one cd-r with great results almost daily. go to
    http://www.kvcd.net/e107/ for tmpgenc templates.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast