Thread: Windows Media Video File To Mpeg File

I've made video compilations on Windows Media Player, and the file is always saved as a Windows Media Video File. I want to share my videos in Kazaa. I know that many Kazaa users don't have Windows Media Player, but many computers can play MPEG files without a problem. Is there any way to convert the Windows Media Video files into MPEG files?

2. Music   -   #2
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    everyone that has windows has windowsmediaplayer. you need it to play videos in kazaa. If you want to share another format i would suggest .avi, its half the size and better quality. But you need to get a converting program first that changes the wmv. to avi. or mpg. I have to warn you that converting video files takes a very long time. Up to 10-15hrs for an entire movie depending on your cpu.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

3. Music   -   #3
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    i almost forgot, this needs to be moved to movieworld... this is musicworld.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

4. Music   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by mogadishu@29 July 2003 - 02:28
    everyone that has windows has windowsmediaplayer. you need it to play videos in kazaa. If you want to share another format i would suggest .avi, its half the size and better quality. But you need to get a converting program first that changes the wmv. to avi. or mpg. I have to warn you that converting video files takes a very long time. Up to 10-15hrs for an entire movie depending on your cpu.
    I thought .wmv files were smaller than .avi. And the quality won&#39;t improve if they are converted to avi.
    I would just leave them as they are.