Thread: Critic's Section

dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I think that there should be a critics section of movieworld. There people write about what they liked or disliked in movies.

Here would be the general rules.

1.) Topic title = name of the movie

2.) Topic description = genre/genres

3.) You cannot replay to a particular post, only site your own views. This will cut down on arguments.

4.) Always search for a movie before you start a new post on it.

5.) No one line descriptions.

This way people will be able to use the section to find movies that they may never have heard of.

what do other people think? Is this idea worth fighting for?
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Yea a movie Critic section would b good, if it has sensible Criticisms and not just

"oh the movie was gay "

but i normally get my reviews at

http://movies.go.com/ad/ad.html?goback=htt....com/index.html

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    nice idea

see if movies are worth seeing or downloading

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Added a 'no one liner' rule.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I like it, very good idea. At present I guess the last thing to be added would be a new section, but we should not forget about it.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by dwightfry@29 July 2003 - 14:52
    3.) You cannot replay to a particular post, only site your own views. This will cut down on arguments.

Good idea but this will definitely will be the hardest thing to control on this thread. Some people just can't help themselves.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank+30 July 2003 - 02:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigBank_Hank @ 30 July 2003 - 02:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dwightfry@29 July 2003 - 14:52

Good idea but this will definitely will be the hardest thing to control on this thread. Some people just can&#39;t help themselves. [/b][/quote]
    *looks around*

yeah it would be cool

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    im 100% behind this idea and i can help out with anything needed.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Bad idea.

We already get feedback (good and bad) about movies on the main forum area. Don&#39;t you?

Also many folks will NOT follow the rules so all we&#39;ve done is create a &#39;section&#39; consisting of the same stuff with a separate border to say Critics Section.
    I think certain popular movies should get &#39;pinned&#39; like Matrix Revolutions and Star Wars Ep III near opening day but this is only to cut down on multiple topics about the same movie.

What tangible purpose is a Critics section in a Movieworld forum??
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    The Passion
    Really guys, if you want unmodified regular-joe "I loved it&#33;"/"I hated it" tyoe responses, got to imdb (Internet Movie DataBase) to get info on all sorts of movies, even post-production ones&#33;

I love it, and I always check it out before DL anything I haven&#39;t seen yet.

Although a critic&#39;s section would be GREAT here, I think it would be wayyy to hard to control, and not realy worth the Mods&#39; while...

Just my H-O though, I still think it would be cool...