Thread: New To Dvd Burning, Pleez Help...

ok... i really wanna burn dvds.... but i have absoleutly NO clue how to even start.

*ok, i have a "compact disc re-writable" slot thingy installed in my computer.... thats what i put my blank cd-r in, to burn mp3s...... now will that work if i put a dvd-r in there, to burn a dvd???

and oncei download a dvd(movie file) on kazaa, it goes into my shared folder..... how do i get that to a place, where i can select it to be burned??

please help me out.... thanks!!!!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    OK I&#39;ll have a go at this
    First off to answer your staed questions you cannot bur on to dvd&#39;s (writable/rewriteable dvd&#39;s) with a cd re-writer, you can only burn cd&#39;s. You can convert file to be a format to play on a dvd then copy these files on to dvd though.

As for putting files from your shared folder on to cd&#39;s or the like you can simply &#39;save them to&#39; and go ahead. However I would strongly suggest using a software tool like Nero which makes the prcess pretty simple with wizards and the like.

I would suggest looking here http://www.dvdrhelp.com/guides for some help. As try searching through the forum for other relative answers and help. I hope this helps get you started.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by blondie_05@29 July 2003 - 02:56
    ok... i really wanna burn dvds.... but i have absoleutly NO clue how to even start.

*ok, i have a "compact disc re-writable" slot thingy installed in my computer.... thats what i put my blank cd-r in, to burn mp3s...... now will that work if i put a dvd-r in there, to burn a dvd???

and oncei download a dvd(movie file) on kazaa, it goes into my shared folder..... how do i get that to a place, where i can select it to be burned??

please help me out.... thanks&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Wow you really do need help.
    i do what i can....
    you can not burn DVD&#39;S in a CDRW DRIVE, now the good news the files you download for films are AVI or MPEG files types. these you can burn on a CDRW drive using CD DISKS you cannot use blank DVD disks just use a burning software like NERO. if you want to play the disks on your computer only burn them as DATA DISKS with NERO.
    if you want to play them on your HOME DVD player you have to burn them as SVCD OR VCD DISKS this will take hours to burn as svcd or vcd, so you will be better off burning as DATA disk it only takes a few min&#39;s to do it that way.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    ok, i think im understanding just a little better.....

so i still definetly can burn dvds(files) onto a CD-R in my re-write drive, but no dvd-r&#39;s.

and i guess i have to burn them as those last 2 choices( svd...something like that you said) because i dont wanna play them on my compt.. but in my home dvd player.

i no for a fact we have nero on our computer, it says nero burning rom, and nero media player...... is that what i needed??

and if not, how much does the one i need to burn the files onto cd-r..... and do you know a site at all??

THANKS FOR THE HELP

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    sorry to bother again......

but if i used a cd-r to burn, do i still need to "convert" anything before i burn the video files????

and there wont be enough time on the cd-r for a full movie will there...... (do they make cd-r with more than 80 minutes.....)

thanks

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    to have a full movie burned your gonna have to split the movie you want with a program... you should probably get one called "Easy Video Splitter" it is easy to find on kazaa.

to burn it you will need to use "Nero Burning Rom", when it loads scroll down the menu and choose VideoCD, then drag the file you want to burn to the left, hit the burn button, and it will encode (this will take usually about 2 hours)

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    OK...I CLICKED ON THE NERO BURNING ROM.... AND CLICKED ON VIDEO CD..... BUT THERES NO WHERE TO SELECT WHAT I WANT TO BURN.... IT COMES UP "DIRECTORYLENTH NAMES....."CHARACTER SET" AND SOME TABS AT THE TOP.....

AND THERES A SUPER VIDEO CD TOO..... IS THAT ONE BETTER?

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    You might find this website helpful. It contains detailed walkthroughs on creating VCD, SVCD, and other types of media files.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com

Take some time and read through some of the tutorials they have there, they really are a lifesaver.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    how do i conver my avi. files, into mpeg2????