Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: do you share .torrent files with friends ?

i mean when your friend wants a file from a site that he is not a member of , do you help him out by giving the .torrent file to download the file to his HDD ?

its not trading or anything . so whats your opinion on that ?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Doesn't he need to be registered? If the tracker can't make a connection to the person he still can't download it.... I am a newb in this but think he has to be registered.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Hell yeahs.

If they want something, i'll get it off TL or something and send it their way xDD
    eee

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty28 View Post
    Doesn't he need to be registered? If the tracker can't make a connection to the person he still can't download it.... I am a newb in this but think he has to be registered.

nop , he doesnt need to register . whatever he downloads / uploads from that torrent file get updated in my stats

its my passkey , so thats how it works

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    arbaal's Avatar Poster
    No.
    I preferably download it myself, burn and give it to my friend. I don't have many friends using bittorrent network, and if they do, they stick with public molochs like mininova and mostly don't seed back.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    aaatoel's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    No!!! Absolutely never! If a friend a mine wants something I will download it myself and give it to him in my usb flash drive or i will upload it in rapidshare and he can download it from there!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Holy fuck...you guys really value your accounts.
    I can't seem to find why you wouldn't give him one or two torrents, hell even if it cost me my account, if hes happy at the end of the day its all that matters. Remember theirs a life outside of the internet, take advantage of it
    eee

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    anto's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    download it and burn it to a disc for then

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I never give away my .torrent file, but I have no problem either burning it to disk, putting it on their usb/harddrive or upping it somewhere else where they can download it themselves.

It off course depends on which site it is. A few sites don't care whether you share your account with a friend, but they are few and far between.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    dont trackers ban you for downloading a torrent more then once
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast