Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why FTN is popular?

lsw0794's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    too difficult to get invited

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    how do you define popular? ftn has a very small userbase compared to other trackers. so if popular means many users - ftn isn't popular. the global demand for ftn isn't very high. most people don't even know the tracker. sites like demonid, oink, or tl nowadays had/have a much higher global demand.

ftn is a tracker with a very high quality standard and it's one of the best 0-day tracker. but other trackers are much more popular. in fact the most popular tracker is pirate bay. ftn gets around 150 new members every month. other trackers get thousands.

popularity can only be measured by the actual userbase and the demand for invites. the begging threads in the invite section attract attention, that doesn't mean that there is a high overall demand for ftn invites. the tracker is rare, because there are more people requesting invites than people giving them. most people in this thread will answer why they like ftn, but not why it is popular.

edit: groovy new sig, sear.
    I don't know why you feel the need to seperate every sentence with blank space, so I went ahead and cleaned up your posts and put them into lovely little paragraphs.

Anyway, FTN is very popular - it has little to do with the number of users they actually have or how many people know about them. The idea is that they stay private to prevent themselves from gaining the attention of whatever agency is bored. I think it is safe to say that if FTN was able to manage the same quality as a public tracker, FTN would win that war rather quickly.

Also, remember that in trying to stay out of trouble, they don't go out of their way to say or do something controversial like TPB does. Again, if FTN had the same kind of publicity as TPB, then there would be no argument. I mean, this is the same website that tells its users not to post their URL anywhere. The only way to hear of this site is to be dedicated to file sharing to the point where you actually go looking for a better site. Most people don't care about the low quality of TPB because it's easy and they don't really care.

So yes, FTN is very popular, and it's two-fold:
    1) They are an incredibly high quality tracker with a friendly community and
    2) There are plenty of people that want to get in, however in an effort to protect themselves and the strong community they have built, they refuse to let more than a few thousand people in.

I mean, you wouldn't tell your car buddies about how popular Toyota is when they start talking about Bugatti and Rolls Royce, would you?

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    I don't know why you feel the need to seperate every sentence with blank space, so I went ahead and cleaned up your posts and put them into lovely little paragraphs.
    Dunno how you do it at zeropaid but here people tend to post how ever the hell they want as long as they follow the rules afaik.
    Nice post but -1 for the 'tude (both in your post and in your sig).
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    I enjoy the 'tude, if we may go offtopic. Its good to see people willing to stamp their authority, rather than suck up to everyone to get the invites they want.

Someone invite me to fsc please

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    His stars are the wrong color for 'authority'...

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    NOLF's Avatar Love You Josefine! BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    To me it's not about the always freeleech issue, it's more the quality of the community and staff, it's rarely seen on a tracker, also it's a very personal tracker where most users know each other. I simply love it

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxx View Post
    Dunno how you do it at zeropaid but here people tend to post how ever the hell they want as long as they follow the rules afaik.
    Nice post but -1 for the 'tude (both in your post and in your sig).
    I'll remember to keep tabs on how you feel about my posts because you are obviously a very important person here, with all 108 posts of yours.

And considering the number of "you should post more around here" posts I see in this place, I don't care if you like my sig or not. Maybe you guys should get over this elitist "look at my post count it's bigger than yours" attitude first and then I'll work on my attitude.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Maybe you guys should get over this elitist "look at my post count it's bigger than yours" attitude first and then I'll work on my attitude.
    Where? Your trippin'. Have not said shit about anyone's post count. Never thought I'd actually 'use' the ignore feature here...

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Thank you very much for all

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    how do you define popular?

ftn has a very small userbase compared to other trackers.

so if popular means many users - ftn isn't popular.

the global demand for ftn isn't very high. most people don't even know the tracker.

sites like demonid, oink, or tl nowadays had/have a much higher global demand.

ftn is a tracker with a very high quality standard and it's one of the best 0-day tracker.

but other trackers are much more popular.

in fact the most popular tracker is pirate bay.

ftn gets around 150 new members every month.

other trackers get thousands.

popularity can only be measured by the actual userbase and the demand for invites.

the begging threads in the invite section attract attention, that doesn't mean that there is a high overall demand for ftn invites.

the tracker is rare, because there are more people requesting invites than people giving them.

most people in this thread will answer why they like ftn, but not why it is popular.

edit: groovy new sig, sear.

+1 you are the man

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast