Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xvid Image Quality Is Extremely High Contrast....

hey_suburbia's Avatar Poster
    I've been playing xvid movies for a while now, downloaded the new codec pack from k-lite.tk, tried viewing video in Divx player, kazaa, and windows media all appear extremely dark and high contrast.... I've watched a dozen xvid movies prior to this, not sure what went wrong? any idea's?

It happened on Phonebooth, Adaptation, Final Destination 2 (those were all the ones on my cpu, so it's not the videos themselves)

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Originally posted by hey_suburbia@28 July 2003 - 05:29
    I've been playing xvid movies for a while now, downloaded the new codec pack from k-lite.tk, tried viewing video in Divx player, kazaa, and windows media all appear extremely dark and high contrast.... I've watched a dozen xvid movies prior to this, not sure what went wrong? any idea's?

It happened on Phonebooth, Adaptation, Final Destination 2 (those were all the ones on my cpu, so it's not the videos themselves)
    try using bs player and changing the colour/contrast options in the options menu
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    or use bsplayer, load the movie, right-click it, properties, XviD MPEG4 Decoder, and set the brightness.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    The XviD codec included with K-Lite Codec Pack is outdated. You can either manually find and install a more current XviD codec. Or you can use a different codec pack altogether. Currently, I&#39;m using DivX_Total_Pack1.5 but I did install Vobsub and G-Spot from K-Lite codec pack. You can also try installing ffdshow by itself which has fixed a lot of XviD problems I had when I used K-Lite exclusively. Do not tweak with ffdshow settings unless you still have problems after installation. Also, don&#39;t use DivX player--it&#39;s buggy. Try BS-Player, MediaPlayerClassic, or ZoomPlayer.

[EDIT]
    Start with a different player first. Then FFDSHOW, then the codec change.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    DivX player sucks, use bsplayer, alot more ops

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    all i know is that i always have problem with xvid either its the picture or sound..... to me xvid is crap, if it aint one thing its a fuking another. Ill start to download those xvid movies when they get all the bugs worked out with the codecs and players .
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    As person who has encoded more than 200 movies, I find XviD superior to DivX.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    its that codec u downloaded i downloaded it one time too and was just like urs in high contrast the best codec pack is this one called sld codec

go here and get it ---http://hakim85.free.fr/index/en/homepage-en.htm

first uninstall the k-lite pack then install this

post back to tell me what happened

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    HyE PrIdE THUG: worked like a fucking charm...THANKS&#33;&#33; You should spread the word on that codec....mad good &#33;&#33;

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    One question:

what did it add to the registry?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast